Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

It's been a crazy week, but I'm going to try and stick to a list today. 

The usuals are done, now on to the rest of it.

• meals 
  • school with ds
  • tutor 1 student (if he comes, he texted me last night that he hadn't felt well all day)
  • meet a new homeschool mom who has a lot of questions
  • tidy house
  • pay bills
  • special women's service at church
  • laundry
  • Like 5

Morning all!

today's list:

• coffee
  • morning dishes
  • start laundry
  • school
  • switch laundry
  • take one of the boys to a dr appt
  • school
  • afternoon dishes
  • make sure one of the boys gets out the door on time for his x-country meet-- don't miss the bus!
  • more school
  • make _____ for supper...I'm in a rut and having a hard time coming up with yummy.
  • Bible study group tonight
  • kids to bed and then fold laundry
Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 4

Good morning! Lovely morning here, if a bit warm for mid-September.

Trying a more independent school structure for ds today. We are too alike and need some space. 

School

YNAB

AHG things

AHG meeting tonight. First regular troop mtg of the year and lots of exciting things happening! This TC job is fun, but a bit overwhelming too. Insane amount of admin/paperwork. 

Dinner is mexican. Need taco shells and some lettuce.

• Like 4

Good morning!

We got more heavy rain last night, and unfortunately, some of it ended up on the living room floor. Yep, our brand new roof sprung a leak. Waiting to hear back from the roofers on when they will be out to fix it.

• office work - bills & banking
  • scrub grain buckets, which I forgot to do last night
  • mop mudroom
  • clean out kitchen cabinet which is currently full of remodeling supplies 
  • weed flower bed
  • go through subscribe & save list
  • dinner: veggie stew

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I was still awake at 1:30 am and had to be up at 6:00. Plus I have lingering effects from when I was sick-- coughing, etc. So I'm going to try to take a nap. I'm hoping the dog and cat will let me sleep a little.

Other than that, I have Bible studies to catch up on --one for my women's Bible study group, which I had to skip last night, due to parent-teacher conferences, and the other for my Sunday group. And a big pile of dishes to do. After the kids get home from school, I'll need to help with homework (DD14 texted me to say she needs help), feed everyone, and take DS15 to music lessons. DH is going without me to DS14's cross country meet, since XC and music lessons conflict.

If I get the dishes done and do the Bible study, I'll count it good. Anything extra would be nice but may not happen, depending on my nap.

• Like 5

Busy busy day.

The kids and 2 other Pioneers are leading the AHG flag retirement ceremony tonight.  In this regard I need to do the following:

• Sew on patches / badges on my kids' sashes.  Total of 8 patches (hand sewing and hope they don't bust through and kill my fingers).  (Kid 2 might be able to help here.)
  • Fill out service calendars going back to April.
  • Print copies of the program / text of the girls' "speeches."
  • Pack CD player, batteries, CD, and sharp scissors for cutting thick cloth.
  • Make kids practice their parts.
  • Do I need to pack anything else for scouts?
  • Leave at 4:40 to pick up Kid 1 by 5pm and grab fast food and head to AHG location.
  • Arrive as early as possible to help with the fire pit.

Other stuff to do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Shower & hair wash.
  • Girls' teacher gave parents homework:  write my memories from 9/11/01.
  • Would love to get some exercise done.
  • Kids' homework etc.
  • Process laundry from dryer.
  • Read-aloud??
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 5

The dog woke me up after 30-40 minutes.

Which reminded me that I had to call the vet to arrange to board her from Sunday to Monday while we are away overnight. Three of the four kids have no school on Monday, so we are excusing DD17 from her school and taking her on a college visit. She'll stay overnight with her cousin there, and the rest of us will stay in a hotel. The dog is also due for shots, and I was worried they wouldn't board her, but they said they can just do them while she is there (we board her at the vet). Unfortunately, we have to take her in on Saturday and pay for an extra day, because they only have an hour window for drop offs on Sunday, and we will be long gone by then. But that's better than being stuck without a dog sitter.

I guess I need to stop ignoring the dishes.

• Like 4

Second load of laundry is in the works

Cleaned kitchen & ran dishwasher

Weeded the front flower bed - I think a skunk has been snuffling around in there at night and has uprooted several of my perennials

Washed the doormat and dog bed cover that one of the dogs barfed on - he isn't sick, he just ate a scrap of a toy and then upchucked it🙄

Did horse chores - horses are bored and crabby because I won't let them out in the back pastures - too steep and slippery with all this rain we've had

Cleaned the mudroom, except for the mopping - which I am going to do right now...

• Like 3

Random Musings:

Life is calm right now and I am very very slowly attacking some of the backlog of clutter and things-to-do in my house.  The regular routines of school and basic housework have long been established here but those took so much time that I never seemed to be able to get to the extras.  I feel like Sisyphus's rock has shrunk just a little bit. 

• Like 3

Worked in ds's room.  There really is progress, there really is progress, there really is progress. . .    (Actually there really is but then I look at home much more still needs to be done and then I want to curl up in the fetal position.  Which is why he basically shut down and hasn't been able to do it himself.)

Worked on my desk so it's not just ds who needs to get organized.

rewashed yesterday's load of laundry and now have it safely in the dryer.

Put a new load in the washing machine.  Remind me not to leave it there. . .

Left a message for insurance agent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Random Musings:

Life is calm right now and I am very very slowly attacking some of the backlog of clutter and things-to-do in my house.  The regular routines of school and basic housework have long been established here but those took so much time that I never seemed to be able to get to the extras.  I feel like Sisyphus's rock has shrunk just a little bit. 

Jean, you give me hope.  I might just get to some of things that I never seem to get to. 

Someday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1