Menu

August 2019 SAT “status complete” - no score yet

My DD took the August 2019 SAT and still doesn’t have her score. The College Board says they are still scoring tests this week, though score release was last Friday. I called CB this morning and asked for this problem to be escalated to a manager and that it be escalated to “highest priority,” with the outcome that I will hear back in 3-4 business days. I also directly asked the CSR if DD’s test has been lost.  Instead of “pending” it says “status complete” next to my DD’s August SAT registration, which is what is says after one registers for the SAT. There is one person on Twitter saying he has the same status of “complete” for the August 2019 test and that he just found out the SAT lost his test! There are quite a few on Reddit saying they don’t have scores back yet and have the status complete. I really hope DD’s test didn’t get lost, but am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem?

Replied to your other post, but my dd is in the same spot w/ the SAT subject exams she took on Aug 24. 😞   I called CB and they've escalated the issue & said we should hear back in 5-7 business days. Ugh.

Looks like we're past the regular reg window for the Oct date, but that may be my back up plan if the scores are lost.

I really hope the SAT finds the tests for your DD and for mine! I did read if the tests are lost by CB they'll give a refund or eat the cost to have the student take it at a different date. If she has to retake, I'm having DD take it at a different location. If the test got lost who knows if it was due to protocol at the testing site or at CB. In 2015, 300 SAT exams were missing from a May date, and thankfully were found nearly a month later -- at the testing site!

• Like 1

@yvonne

It actually happened in 2015; here's an article about it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/lost-and-found-missing-sat-answer-sheets-discovered-at-high-school/2015/06/01/34a2a238-0887-11e5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html?noredirect=on

It seems like because the box with the answer sheets was found intact, the tests were scored.

• Thanks 1