Menu

What's with the ads?

HSMWB

Homework is nothing like homeschooling!

That is all.  It is a complete thought all by itself.  If there was ever any doubt in my mind, there is none now.  The two are only very marginally related, like snakes and dogs can both be pets. 

• Like 6

Yes...but, it can be SOMEWHAT like it (a little).   I just talked with my child's teacher about his spelling list and asked if I could do the practice for it in a different way that would be more helpful for my son (a way much more similar to how we did it in All About Spelling when we were homeschooling).   He said yes and now it's feeling a lot more like what we did in homeschool (or a part of homeschool).   And he's doing better on the spelling.

Except that now my son is fighting me on it more (GRRR).   Even after I read him the e-mail from my teacher he's worried that if he doesn't do spelling practice exactly like assigned he's gonna be kept in at recess.   So, there's that.   🙄

Edited by goldenecho

Well, then you are quite lucky. Homework here means get out the homeschool materials.  Singapore Math was wonderful, very efficient and that made homework fit into the time it was supposed to fit in to.  No need to meet a tutor at the public library, as many have to do.