Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Jean in Newcastle

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

church

take the roaming high priest and his table and put them with the tabernacle at church

take the blanket

make sure that I take a sweater since they put a new a/c in the church that is COLD

• Like 6

Travel half way home with twin 1 by public transport.

Meet DH with twin 2.

We were going to go out together for lunch but found out the whole food/ shopping  area was closed because of power  wing out for pe upgrades. 

Hop on train back to Melbourne with twin 2 who has medical tests tomorrow. DH continued on home with twin1. The wheelchair was very tricky to fit into the car boot. 

Half way through very busy few days of Medical things. 

• Like 6

• Church
  • Out to eat after church
  • Sew a bit
  • Possibly shop.  I still need an ironing board.  If I don't end up getting one, I am just going to order.
  • Like 6

Church, including a brief mtg afterwards. 

Make lasagna

Visit mom

Watch a movie with kids after dinner.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Good morning! Today is a relaxing day for me- I feel like I am behind on so many things- so I will try to catch up on some things today and get next week sorted.

• coffee/paper
  • garden check- done
  • need to plan mulch delivery for back yard beds
  • pay student fees for dd2
  • plan a few meals for next week with cheap pantry things
  • write some letters
  • read ( some books need to get back to the library)
  • jen things
  • watch football!
  • watch tennis!
  • watch more football!
  • dmil is coming tonight, I think- dh is grilling chicken

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Good morning!

It's rainy and dreary here today. I could see my breath when I was doing chores this morning - feels like fall!

• ds19 might come down today
  • plan my week
  • vacuum upstairs
  • empty garbage cans
  • lunch prep for the week - cut up veggies, roast veggies, make quinoa, make salad dressing
  • catch up on laundry
  • run to grocery store for a few things
  • dinner: chickpea potato cacciatore
  • Like 5

Well, the day started with a rodeo! My dd can RIDE! She has a new 2yo and until today, has been a sweetheart. Well, he hasn't been ridden for a week, and it's the first day it's been chilly. He was amped up when she went to get him, and only got spookier from there. He spooked when I walked up to him. Spooked when I picked up a piece of baling twine, spooked when I raised the camera, etc. She went to swing up on the wrong side (horses have to be taught everything from both sides--they don't transfer experiences) and he humped up and blew. Fine, she rode him in circles and he calmed down. She cantered both ways, made him ride over logs, all those things you do. And then swung up on the right side again, and fireworks! They went through the thorn bushes, but amazingly enough, did NOT dump her on the fence! She was actually behind the saddle at one time, but pulled herself up, but landed on the mecate. She's going to have a pretty spectacular bruise tomorrow. She lost her glasses, and they are purple, with camo sides. Exactly the color of the thorn bushes. After 45 minutes of looking, we found them 8 feet in the air where a branch flung them. He's all put up now and she went to haul hay. She'll be sore tomorrow. 

Laundry done

Tried to change out a buckle on my camera case--some idiot stepped on it at the cemetery on Memorial Day. Can't find just the right buckle to stay buckled, so will have to limp along with the broken one. It has a zipper so nothing can fall out. 

walk

write kids

Activated a CC that I thought I had activated.

Do Amazon order to see if the card works. 

read

ordered both volumes of the Gospel of John by Barclay.  I know we own it, but it's probably in one of the kids' rooms, never to be seen again. 

talk to dd--she's headed home from TX after playing Odessa-Midland. Found out that she's Concertmaster for the next concert as her dh is conducting in Tulsa!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

Well, the day started with a rodeo! My dd can RIDE! She has a new 2yo and until today, has been a sweetheart. Well, he hasn't been ridden for a week, and it's the first day it's been chilly. He was amped up when she went to get him, and only got spookier from there. He spooked when I walked up to him. Spooked when I picked up a piece of baling twine, spooked when I raised the camera, etc. She went to swing up on the wrong side (horses have to be taught everything from both sides--they don't transfer experiences) and he humped up and blew. Fine, she rode him in circles and he calmed down. She cantered both ways, made him ride over logs, all those things you do. And then swung up on the right side again, and fireworks! They went through the thorn bushes, but amazingly enough, did NOT dump her on the fence! She was actually behind the saddle at one time, but pulled herself up, but landed on the mecate. She's going to have a pretty spectacular bruise tomorrow. She lost her glasses, and they are purple, with camo sides. Exactly the color of the thorn bushes. After 45 minutes of looking, we found them 8 feet in the air where a branch flung them. He's all put up now and she went to haul hay. She'll be sore tomorrow. 

Laundry done

Tried to change out a buckle on my camera case--some idiot stepped on it at the cemetery on Memorial Day. Can't find just the right buckle to stay buckled, so will have to limp along with the broken one. It has a zipper so nothing can fall out. 

walk

write kids

Activated a CC that I thought I had activated.

Do Amazon order to see if the card works. 

read

ordered both volumes of the Gospel of John by Barclay.  I know we own it, but it's probably in one of the kids' rooms, never to be seen again. 

talk to dd--she's headed home from TX after playing Odessa-Midland. Found out that she's Concertmaster for the next concert as her dh is conducting in Tulsa!

Glad she found her glasses, Margaret! 

Someone I know got bucked off in an arena and her new phone went flying and got buried in the footing. She dug around for hours but never did find it!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Glad she found her glasses, Margaret! 

Someone I know got bucked off in an arena and her new phone went flying and got buried in the footing. She dug around for hours but never did find it!

We looked and looked, including UP, but we had to be at just the right angle to see them. 

?_task=mail&_framed=1&_action=get&_mbox=INBOX&_uid=154670&_part=2

• Like 3

Hi guys.  Happy Sunday!

Well we survived the weekend.  Team party + 2 night scout campout + volleyball tournament + church "rally day" etc.

This morning I awoke at 6:30 am to the sound of one daughter trying to talk the other into going to the bathroom (scout buddy system).  She finally came and asked me to go.  She started her P. last night and had a bad leak.  Great start to the day!  We got up, took care of that, took down the tents, packed the car, and drove home just in time to shower for church.

Today was the first day of Confirmation Class for my kids & me (adult class separate from the kids).  It does not sound fun ... I am a little nervous about this added responsibility.  It seems a lot more involved than last year's class.  Why can't they just do this in school like they did in the old days?

After church, I compromised with my kid who had a 1 mile race that she didn't want to run.  I said she could skip the race if she would run a mile somewhere.  So she and I found a track that wasn't being used.  She ran a mile, I ran a half mile.  I said we should do this often.  She did not agree.  😛

After running, I cleaned out my car, unpacked, aired out and packed the scout tent/tarp, and got busy on the laundry.  First up were the tie dye socks the kids made at Friday's party.

Not sure what the coach was thinking - sock party the evening before the a.m. tournament - she said they could wear the socks at the tournament - then sent the kids off with instructions to let the dye sit for 24 hours and then wash.  Well, since we were camping, that wasn't happening, but also, the math doesn't work out, does it??  LOL.  This morning I finally got to those socks.  Previously I've only had success when putting the item in the dryer first, so that is what I tried.  My hands were stained dark blue from taking off the rubber bands (washed it off my skin for like 20 minutes, using at least 7 different chemicals), and then the entire inside of the dryer was horrifically splattered with blue dye.  Took about 15 minutes cleaning that out (some parts are permanently stained), and then my hands were blue again, and still are somewhat.  Washed the socks by hand, and they are just basically sky blue socks now.  Not sure if they will ever be used or not.  Besides the socks, I worked on the stains from this morning and got 2 loads in the washer so far.

Theoretically I am "working" now, and my kids are doing homework (I need to check on that).  I did promise a load of client reports over the weekend.  I meant to do them Friday, but my computer was extremely slow and I had to give up.  I started today's work by rebooting the computer.  So here's hoping.  (Though I really want a nap.)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Got the roaming high priest and his table put away at church. 

People at church signed a card for the Former Camper/ Sunday School Student who is starting chemo this week. Put it with the cozy blanket I had bought her and gave it to her dad. 

Church done

napped at home 

• Like 3

Nice day. 

Kids and dh are watching Shazaam. I have a pear crisp in the oven and a load of laundry working. 

Next up: take the crisp out and read.

• Like 3