Menu

What's with the ads?

Slache

Making a Printable School Calendar

1 minute ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

School calendar for you or for your kids? Both? Are you thinking yearly/monthly/weekly calendars? I don't want to overload you with links for things you don't want.

Me, year at a glance, customizable.

Although I'm a paper girl, I use Apple's iCalendar because I can link it to my husband's iCalendar so we can both see events. I keep most homeschool events and classes only on my iCalendar though so it doesn't clog our his/our shared iCalendar.

I print out 2-3 months at a time and reprint as needed - which can be as often as once a week like right now as I'm adding classes and field trips for the whole year.

If I were on a Windows machine, I'd probably be using the Google calendar for the same reasons above - ie. sharing with my husband.

I'd really love a pretty, colorful paper calendar but have to stick with what works.

• Like 1

This is the one I used:

http://www.calendarpedia.com/two-year-2019-2020-calendar-pdf-templates.html

I customized it with highlighters, because I'm super hi-tech. 🤣🤣

I don't know about a customizable year at a glance, but if you find one, please share!

I did find some pretty neat monthly ones for the boys (superhero themed, month on one page, free printable) and for Reader and me (soft colors, one month on two pages, free printable). Let me know if you want the links to those. I don't do weekly, unless you count my homemade Excel weekly checklists. And daily trackers/calendars/planners just make me twitchy.

• Like 1

I am using one from calendarlabs.com.  On this page, if you scroll down, I downloaded the first one under "Yearly School Calendar (Year 2019 - 2020)" with the greyed-out weekends.  Without too much futzing I figured out how to organize the shading to reflect what I'm doing 'cause we school most Sundays, for example, and take breaks all throughout the year.  I really like it. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1