Menu

Part-time, work from home, post-homeschooling, income ideas

Suzanne in ABQ

This website has some interesting ideas for turning skills and hobbies into income.  There are several I hadn't considered before.  Thought others might be interested as well.

https://www.amicalifelessons.com/checklist/retirement-hobbies-that-make-money/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=im_retiring&utm_term=hobbies_make_money&utm_content=ad&fbclid=iwar0uu-uvdh29f3g3fmqc-waro9x55tduerrjblwamlhyj9hm6f7feovjwio

I know this has been talked about before, but just thought I'd throw out some more ideas.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Patty Joanna said:

Thank you.  I've found a couple of ideas hustles in retirementnt--so I'm a believer.  

Look up upwork for contractor work.  Lionbridge too .

On the linked articles, the photography items are out of date. Those who got in early are doing ok...but that market is really tough now, to even make side-hustle money.

There are other ways to make money now, with photography, but a newbie in  stock photo-land had better bring something special to the table.  

Thanks Patty,
I definitely bring only bad pictures to the photography table, so I've never considered selling them.  I know several moms, though, who have hung up their photography shingles, though.  One photographs dancers in the ballet studio.  Another takes sports photographs for high school games.  Another does school photos and senior photo shoots, engagements, etc.  There seems to be plenty of seasonal business for people who have a decent camera and know how to use it.  (not me)

20 hours ago, Patty Joanna said:

Oh--don't get me wrong!  I may not have been clear enough.  I myself have a photography side-hustle, doing interior design, real-estate and fine-art photography.  And I make money at it.  

The thing I was referring to was the stock photo business.  To succeed in that, one has to have a very distinct style that appeals to a specific market.  The people who got in early on stock photo did quite well with it, but entering that area now and expecting to make a lot of money at it...not a very good likelihood.  That is, unless one has a unique market and access to the buyers in it.  

All of the situations you mentioned above--senior photos, schools, etc.--those are fantastic opportunities, and can produce more money than I make at the things I shoot.  I just happen to be too high strung to do people photography.  You will know that I have gone completely off my rocker if you ever hear me say, "I'm going to be a wedding photographer this weekend!"  In that case, call in the shrinks, because I've lost it.

:0)

This (below) was in response to this (above).  I just forgot to quote.

51 minutes ago, Suzanne in ABQ said:

I'm sure it was me who was unclear.  I knew what you meant.  I nodded my head in agreement, but I guess you didn't see that, lol.  :biggrin:  I was just adding some ideas on how people could market their photography skills.

49 minutes ago, moonflower said:

Well, courtesy of the neighbor with a monolith thread, I can tell you that making and selling lawn goose clothes on Etsy is a money-making opportunity.  I'm totally not kidding.  

I didn't even know lawn geese were a thing!  (My neighbors do have flamingos, but they're not clothed).

19 minutes ago, Suzanne in ABQ said:

I didn't even know lawn geese were a thing!  (My neighbors do have flamingos, but they're not clothed).

I can now totally imagine a niche for naked flamingoes as well...

• Like 1