Menu

transcript question

I have my daughter's transcript completed and ready to upload to the common app. I assume I am supposed to print out a copy and sign it first? Then scan it in? And upload a jpeg? Or do they just want the PDF file and they don't care about the signature? Or am I supposed to convert it to a different format after scanning in a signed copy? Or....

There is not enough coffee in the world for this on a Saturday morning.

• Like 2

I did what @EKS did once. Then I admit to just typing using a cursive font for the midyear report & final transcript. 

I think I messed with those files about 87 times before finally hitting submit. Once she got in, I laxed off. I bet they don't care so much as long as there is a name there somewhere.

• Thanks 1

I happened to have a stylus and writing board, so I wrote my signature in a google drawing program, then copy/pasted it into my spreadsheet document that was my transcript.  

I did save all my documents as pdfs: the spreadsheet and the google word doc's, because I think that preserves the formatting better.  For reasons I don't really understand.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Clear Creek said:

Now to lie awake at night for the next six months and wonder if I ruined my kid's college chances by messing up in some way on the counselor recommendation or something. Lol.

I guarantee you did not.  Actual school counselors are churning out letters for as many as a hundred students every year.  If you put any time or thought or energy into writing your student's letter, then you are way ahead.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I tried printing mine, signing it and then scanning it in as a pdf. But then my document size was slightly too large. I wound up just uploading the original document without a signature. I don’t know how to get my signature on there without scanning it in.

Edited by Mom0012