Jump to content

Menu

Recommended Posts

So...I am looking at doing the $10 a month for life plan, which I found out about on the WTM.  I am figuring we will get our money's worth out of this over the next 4 years of high school.  Is there anything I'm missing in thinking this is a good deal?  Are their any other options?  My 2 local libraries have some of the courses, but I really feel like the ease of them watching from the tv or their computers from Great Courses Plus is worth the $10.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know about the ‘for life’ plan as I have just the annual plan, but do be aware that Plus doesn’t have all of the courses offered by The Great Courses. I love it and find it totally worth the money, but there are other courses I’ve had to purchase separately for dc’s school.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if your DSs end up like mine, disappointingly, the GC were not a good fit for them. So we ended up not doing more than 2 of the courses all together. I checked one out of the library, and the other I purchased used on Amazon and after using, was able to resell for the same price for which I purchased it, so no money expenditure.

All that to say: you. might want to test-drive one of the GC from the library FIRST, before you commit to spending $$$ on an annual fee and discover it's not working for your family.

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a current code for $10/life? I couldn't find one when I looked awhile back. We have it right now, because I realized I was planning on using at least 3 of the courses that are included. We had some frustrating experiences with ones that were on Hoopla from our library being discontinued before we'd finished listening to them last year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 8:52 PM, kokotg said:

is there a current code for $10/life? I couldn't find one when I looked awhile back. We have it right now, because I realized I was planning on using at least 3 of the courses that are included. We had some frustrating experiences with ones that were on Hoopla from our library being discontinued before we'd finished listening to them last year.

 

If you google search “Great Courses plus $10 for life”, you should get a link directly to the deal. I’d link it here, but I’m on mobile, so if I click on the link it just opens the app. It charges once every three months, so it’s only $30 at a time, with no annual commitment.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jackie said:

 

If you google search “Great Courses plus $10 for life”, you should get a link directly to the deal. I’d link it here, but I’m on mobile, so if I click on the link it just opens the app. It charges once every three months, so it’s only $30 at a time, with no annual commitment.

Yes, this is what I did!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all!  I think we will try it for a few months.  My boys don't mind watching things like Planet Earth, etc. on tv.  I'm hoping they are ok with these.  I want to use it to supplement our History, Photography, and Health this year and it would be great if they liked them :-)!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mlktwins said:

Thanks all!  I think we will try it for a few months.  My boys don't mind watching things like Planet Earth, etc. on tv.  I'm hoping they are ok with these.  I want to use it to supplement our History, Photography, and Health this year and it would be great if they liked them :-)!!!


Our DSs have always loved documentaries, too. At 9th/10th grades, they just were not "into" watching a college prof give lectures from a podium. 😉

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lori D. said:


Our DSs have always loved documentaries, too. At 9th/10th grades, they just were not "into" watching a college prof give lectures from a podium. 😉

Ahhhhh...!!!   I understand.  Will see if I can find the history one at the library to start with :-)!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...