Menu

What’s the biggest family your kids know?

Lawyer&Mom

I’m blown away by the folks who answered 3 and 4! We have eleven and we aren’t the biggest family we know. We know two families pretty well that are 11 and 12 (so far) and are friendly with another that has 12.  We know several more in the five and more club. I thought that was pretty typical of homeschool families, but we have a pretty large homeschool community here. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Yeeeeah, that turned into a discussion with the doctor on the risks of waiting vs having more now, and my risks leveled out to it being safer to have any additional children before AMA set in, so we decided to have another baby or two and then probably go with the big v route or Paraguard.

I'm ridiculously excited for you! 

Also, finding this out makes my ovaries hurt, lol. I don't know why, until this morning I thought I was very very happy to be done. I've told several people lately that I'm old and tired and my body has been through enough. And yet..man...makes me want another one. 

Although I still think at my age I'd be better off to adopt....I'm very fertile but that last one did a number on my pelvis and I have daily pain. But if I'm already in pain...what's another one, lol. Of course...no where to put said hypothetical baby, given DD2 is sleeping in the school room already. And raising it on my own after my husband died of a panic attack would be difficult...still....all these large family posts make me envious. 

Really...I guess I don't so much want another one now, I want to go back in time and stick a few more in that 10 year gap between my first two, lol. 

My sister has 8. We know several families with 8 or 9. We know tangentially a family of 11. Or, maybe 12. They have a new baby. We don't actually know them, but we attend some of the same sporting events and their triplets are in my daughter's ring.

My family of 5 doesn't seem big at all to me. I would have loved having more kids.