Menu

Help me pick a History Curriculum for my 10th grader!

Hello!
I would love some curriculum help/ideas/resources for 10th grade history. School is starting and I need to decide! 

My daughter went through classical-style history cycles starting in elementary, and then in 8th we jumped to high school US History. In 9th she did World History. I'm planning American Government for 11th grade. Not sure about 12th grade yet, but here's what I'm debating about for 10th:

-Geography

-British History

-Medieval History (This is what she would have done in 8th grade if we hadn't jumped to US History)

What do you think? Or is there something else I should consider? I prefer a curriculum from a Christian worldview, but that's not a deal-breaker. Any high school curriculum for these topics that you have loved? 

Also, I need something laid out in a way that she can do it mostly independently. I don't have time this year to pull a curriculum together on my own!

Thanks for any and all help!

• Like 1

I would do US history again, some colleges wont accept classes done in 8th grade.  You can focus on more modern era, my DD did US history in 10th, and we did s brief intro, jumped to the civil war and spent most of our time in modern era.

Possible other credits- philosophy,  world religions, geography,  economics, story of science....

• Like 1

Our state expects a semester of government AND economics, so I would do some economics.

I like the idea of British history if she does British literature--I am surprised how much British history I got via my British lit class in high school, and it was interesting to have context for the literature. 

If you do American history again, I think choosing a specific emphasis or time period would be cool since it's been covered once already.

I'm biased as medieval historian, but I would suggest medieval history. I'm cannot make specific book/provider recommendations, but the medieval era is understudied, imo. The development of the church and the development of the European continent are important concepts that shape many of our beliefs today. Also, many college students never take a medieval class, so at least a high school class would be helpful. 

• 1 year later...