Menu

What's with the ads?

blessedmom3

Unlock Math Algebra- can someone look at the scope & sequence to see if it is complete?

I am considering Unlock Math Algebra. It is a new-ish program so there are no reviews. I was wondering if someone (a mathy person) would look at the S&S for me and tell me if it looks like a comprehensive and comparable with other Algebra programs. Thank you so much!

Yes, that is the link, thank you. I am highly considering it but still undecided between Unlock and Mr. D. My 8th grader needs a lot of review in order to solidify the concepts, so I don’t think Mr D will help. Plus, all that printing...

So I was looking at Unlock and I am not sure it covers all the topics that a (rigorous) algebra I should cover. Please tell me your thoughts.

I compared the topics to the ones covered in my copy of Foerster Algebra 1 and the topics are almost identical. I would say that it definitely covers all the topics of a rigorous algebra 1 program. It definitely covers quite a bit more than Jacobs Elementary Algebra, which is not advanced, but not behind.

Thank you for taking the time to compare. That helps so much and it makes me feel better knowing it covers all the topics. Signing up now. 

On 9/3/2019 at 6:41 AM, Clear Creek said:

I compared the topics to the ones covered in my copy of Foerster Algebra 1 and the topics are almost identical. I would say that it definitely covers all the topics of a rigorous algebra 1 program. It definitely covers quite a bit more than Jacobs Elementary Algebra, which is not advanced, but not behind.

If Common Core alignment is an issue, I would categorize Jacobs as both advanced and behind.  (Note that I am a huge Jacobs Algebra fan.)

When I looked at the Unlock Math topics, they went beyond (in various ways and not all the same ways) any of the Algebra I texts/programs that I have used (Jacobs, Lial, Larson CC, Holt CC, Derek Owens).

• Like 1