Menu

what would you think?

gardenmom5

what would you do?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. someone wants to do "A", so they can do "B". then says "no, that won't work, forget it". you would?

• proceed to do "A" - even though "B" won't happen
    • ask for clarification about "A", since "B" won't happen
    • cancel the whole thing, assuming the other person no longer wants "A", since "B" won't happen
    • obligatory other

someone asks to do "A" - making it clear to two different people they want to do it so they can do "B".  asks about two different ways of doing "B" after doing "A", states the whole reason for the inquiry is to be able to do "B".  but, neither way works.  do you?

proceed to do "A"?

cancel the whole thing, assuming the person doesn't want it anymore?

or ask for clarification: if they still want to do "A", since "B" won't happen.

Edited by gardenmom5

glad to know we're sane.

the person we asked to do "A" - so we could do "B" - proceeded to do "A".  of course, the guy gets a commission - but none if it's not done.  we'll see if he can fix it.  that it will cost his employer either way isn't our problem.

1 hour ago, Farrar said:

If it's the sort of thing I'm picturing, then while I think they should have asked for clarification, it was ultimately on you to be clear that you wanted to cancel the whole thing, including A.

they never received a "go ahead and execute "A" order.  we got information on "A".  then we moved on to get information on "B".  it was then determined it wouldn't work.

the guy executed "A" - before we ever got to "B".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

they never received a "go ahead and execute "A" order.  we got information on "A".  then we moved on to get information on "B".  it was then determined it wouldn't work.

the guy executed "A" - before we ever got to "B".

In that case, I'm totally with you. I was thinking you had okayed A, then in a conversation realized they couldn't do B and said a vague "then we'll cancel." Which, I'd still assume you meant A, but I can see how they could think B. But if you never agreed on A in the first place, that's a no brainer.