Menu

Accountability Thread 8/25-8/31

Last week in August. Boy, am I glad to see the end of it in sight. It's been a rough month!

Today's plan--get the grocery list done, and cook something nice for dinner later. Get the school schedule done for a shortened week coming up. Figure out how I want to plan my writing for September. And finish a chapter in my current WIP. Very close to done, but there's still story to write before I type 'the end'. For now. 

• Like 1

Morning! 

Still working on the vast majority of Saturday's list -- for the moment I'll leave it where it is and just plug away as can. 

Today: school in the morning; planning the week on my end; make plans for a food-less birthday celebration for elder DS; exercise; get little guy to Pokemon at the game store; work on The List. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning. Starting the week with a death--we lost one of the old birds this morning. It wasn't exactly expected, but not unanticipated due to her age.

Today's work--school for the boys, writing for me. One boy has cleaning and cooking duty today. The other hopped right on his laundry this morning, which means I have to wait to do mine, but everything should get done eventually. 

• Sad 1

Well, not everything got done. Housework for one boy slid in favor of cooking. He got behind on school and didn't finish until almost four in the afternoon, and then he was beat. I told him he could take an hour to relax, then we'd get dinner headed to the grill to eat around six or so. It was later than that, but it was good. Told him he could do his cleaning tomorrow and rest this evening. 

• Like 1

Morning. Today's list is fairly light--school for the boys, writing for me, and writers' meeting tonight. Mostly just trying to lead a drama-free life this week, and settle back into a steady writing routine after the upheaval of the last few weeks. Seems to be working so far. 

• Like 1

okay!  School days are short this week, stopping 1 - 1:30 as a birthday present to elder DS.  Unusual for us, but he can't birthday foods so I'm working to give his birthday a celebratory feel.  We did well this AM, had to re-orient a few times but kept going, now for a late-ish lunch and afternoon.  I need a nap desperately; everybody needs exercise; the house needs cleaning; and we'll need dinner too. 

@happysmileylady -- totally not enough hours!

• Like 1

Morning. DH will be back late tonight, so the boys get to handle the grill by themselves tonight. I hope they've paid attention. School has started for one boy--he doubled up yesterday so he wouldn't have to do school at all on Thursday. The other boy won't start until about 9:30. He's up to his ears in novel writing at the moment. He'll take his work with him on Thursday.

Today's schedule: Boys have the housekeeping and dinner, but I will need to help with some of the prep work, and make sure the grilling goes well. I need to do a little sweeping in some of the rooms, and generally make sure everything is done with laundry and dishes because I have to work the last three days of the week. And I need to get some good writing done today and decide what I need to be working on that's light and portable for downtime at work. Probably character stuff.

• Like 1

Today elder DS starts online languages (shout-out to his "Oma", my sweet MIL, who helps pay for the classes).   This week we're running short school days in honor of elder DS birthday Friday -- with his gut problems, we can't do a traditional birthday party with munchies & he's a bit down about that, so I'm adding in some extras across the whole week: movies/videos each night, school stops at 1:00 (as long as they begin by 9:00). 

Today:

• school essentials
    • younger: latin review +
      • math (division game & drill; short puzzle game; MEP lesson)
      • English: WWE, FLL, AAS, keyboarding, IEW poetry review: we can drop AAS if things run short
      • human body science: we're wrapping this up from last year
    • elder: online Greek +
      • decide on a math path, from amongst the options I give him
      • do some math
    • fitness for everybody.  fun fun fun! 
  • me
    • prep for elder DS birthday
    • have boys help bring the living room under control, get laundry away
    • exercise or bust: I've gotten no serious exercise for the past week and am consequently in chronic pain.  !!!!  totally not enough hours in the day.
    • dinner.  Y'all are setting such a good example having the children help/make dinner; I'd like to do more of that. Tonight is pizza night here, I'm pretty sure. 
    • if there's time: school planning:   Set up younger DS online interface; set up parent account.  Figure out next steps in planning. 

Lifting a cuppa to y'all! 

• Like 1

Boys did the cleaning. They have just put their laundry in the dryer. I should probably do a quick sweep of the rest of the house, and then lie down for my afternoon rest with my character work. I do have to help with the dinner tonight--not a lot, but a little bit. Probably get the boy to chop the potatoes and get them boiling for me.

• Like 1

Morning!  am going through quite a time with elder DS, so I'm hitting the day feeling sort of stunned.  Oh my! 

Today: similar to yesterday.  Get going with classes; do the basics + art/science.  Prep for birthday, clean. 

• School
    • Younger DS: begin with body science +
      • Evan Moor geography
      • Math (division fact program, MEP lesson, puzzle game)
      • English (WWE, FLL, AAS, IEW poetry memorization, keyboard)
      • Latin review
      • Fingerprint drawing (working from Ed Emberley)
    • Elder DS:
      • Background for Latin class
      • Math
      • English: Work on WWS1 end-of-book essay; IEW poetry memorization; read Gawain with me for literature
      • if time: art
  • Birthday prep
    • Get DH's help with wrapping, buying balloons
    • Make paper airship decoration (this will take a bit of time)
    • Sketch out tomorrow's activities
  • Cleaning
    • Usual + some extra time with boys cleaning the art/lego room
    • water the plants.
  • and other stuff as it arises:  think about memory work for body science, languages;

• Like 1

Today is elder DS' 14th birthday.  !!! 

So far, an okay day; but his gut troubles means he feels sick whenever he eats + he's spending a chunk of his birthday morning stuck on the throne, so definitely room for improvement this year, in terms of quality-of-life. 

Today: no school! Except younger DS' class 10-11.  Plenty of exercise for me; let boys play; they get videos tonight; we're going out with my MIL to a place that serves elder-DS-friendly pancakes for dinner.;work on finishing yesterday's list😉 ; catch up on e-mail; figure out academic planner for boys

• Like 1

g'evening!  Here: toodling along.  Today was better on the elder DS health front, his gut seems to be healing albeit slowly and he was willing to eat some croissant & ham, and a bit more at meals, and is less queasy.  DH took boys + MIL on a hike & got the boys' hair cut; I exercised, cleaned a bit, did a library & grocery run, watered the most-desperate plants and am on to dinner, evening stuff, video with elder DS & so on.  Happy last day of August!

• Like 1