Menu

What's with the ads?

StaceyinLA

We’ve lost my stepson...

I'm so sorry. Prayers for you and the family.

Deepest sympathies. I'm so very sorry.

We're friendly with a family that lost their grown son to a rare industrial accident (kinda like getting hit by lightening)  At the time of the accident he was in recovery.  It was so very shocking to his parents that he passed from something other than the addiction.

Edited by amyx4

Stacey and your dh,

I'm so sorry y'all are faced with this.  Your dh - oh dear, what can one say?   Sending prayer!  

How very sad, Stacey. My sympathy to your husband and to all who loved your step-son.

Regards,

Kareni

I am so very sorry for your loss. Praying for your husband, and for B's children, and all others who mourn him and all of what could have been. 

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. I appreciate those comments explaining the addiction - it’s really been a struggle for me to understand, even though we have tried to do what we could, within reason, to help. We reached a point where we focused on helping his kids in ways we could (a couple of the mothers are addicts as well, and several of the children actually are in custody of/have been adopted by, others. We keep in touch so they can have a connection with us down the road, if desired. 

Obviously we won’t know for sure until tox screen comes back whether this was indeed an OD, or if the drugs led to whatever fall caused his broken neck, but our gut feeling, because we know he was using, and because of his location at the time, is that it at the very least played a part.

B had a really great heart, was a loyal friend, and good person. It breaks my heart that he never could overcome this demon, and have true happiness.

Edited by StaceyinLA
  • Sad 4

Oh, Stacey, I'm so very, very sorry. He's moved on to the next big adventure, but you guys are left with the grief.

Tell your husband: remember he went through this one time. You guys will run it through your minds again and again.

My heart truly goes out to your family.

Alley

• Sad 1