Menu

Update: Free: don’t know next topic Summit video will be on brain stuff

Pen

Update Monday -  I am leaving for driver ed- won’t know today’s topic till much later today.

I’d be interested in discussing after if anyone else watches it.  (I haven’t seen it yet)

Edited by Pen

8 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Summary? :biggrin:

Hard to do.  Sort of like some of the other tele-summits on 2E learners or whatever.  

Instead of long interviews with one or two people at a time there are cuts between interviews with patients, parents if it’s a kid patient, and doctors, naturopaths, researchers, nutritionists, etc.  

I’m probably going to try to watch today’s again and take some notes.  And I’m going to try the eating / elimination diet suggested a few days ago myself and see if some of my own chronic health issues are helped.  

8 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Summary? :biggrin:

Query: is Haptoglobin covered on the gene testing you did?  

One of the interviewed people says there are 3 possible human haptoglobin configurations 

Homozygous haptoglobin 1,1

Heterozygous haptoglobin 1,2

and

Homozygous haptoglobin 2,2 

and it makes a difference in processing food, particularly wheat/gluten/gliadin/wheat germ lectins and effects on many aspects of health including inflammation, immunity, brain functioning...

definitely new stuff to me

once having the ideas and words , I can look up more 

Edited by Pen

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything that is straight HP. It's HP with something else, a different set of genes.

That sounds like the kind of thing that isn't so common. I mean, famous last words, but there should be other ways indications of that are showing up on labs without even running that specific test. 

But thanks for sharing! Oxygen definitely is important. And it may be you're onto something. But then think about what you do to *improve* oxygen and decrease oxidative stress. Go for walks? Be outside? Some of it is just plain healthy anyway.

Edited by PeterPan

I guess for me as this is the 6th day I’ve listened, it’s in some ways like there are a lot of different people around the world doing different parts of research, or working with different groups of patients and having different observations, different views.

But putting it together it starts to form an elephant out of the descriptions from various blind men all with pieces of the elephant...

or maybe some even off in wrong directions...

but enough cohesion and adding it to what I knew before that it starts to make some sense

and I started putting some of what I was learning into practice and , well, time will tell, but I think I’m feeling somewhat better !

2 hours ago, Pen said:

Joke?

HP, harry potter. But seriously, HP is the name of the gene for that haptoglobin. 

Ok, I was lazy and didn't figure out what the numbers behind the Hp in the listings meant It's possible 23andme ran some of the alleles. I can go check. 

So Hp with more letters/numbers is othre stuff in that same vein (haha, veins, blood), but different.

HPS5 for instance gets run and HPSE2. I didn't see a straight HP and I'm not sure which one is the ones you want. It's pretty involved, nitty gritty biochemistry stuff.

The other thing to watch with mutations is that sometimes they're common. And some of this stuff, a LOT of the genes they run, will just show as grey, which means they know it's an abberant, but they might not even have info to know what happens. And you may have ton of these.