Menu

Hi -- it's me... what a whirlwind!

LisaKinVA

Here I thought I was going to have a fairly relaxed summer.  Everything was planned and arranged.  We were good.  So what happened?

Let's see...

1) My parents are in NC, my mother's health (in her estimation) hasn't improved.  This necessitated multiple trips to and from NC (I mostly help her mental health, and allow my dad a longer break in her care)

2) NONE of our school books got shipped in the mail as I had planned.  Instead, they sat around until the movers came -- and then the mix-ups left me with half of our books sitting around nearly two months in Norfolk until they could be delivered and the other half to be delivered in September.  So -- most of my academic planning is not nearly complete.

3) The house we had been promised in VA Beach became unavailable two days before we were supposed to move in.  This prompted a LOT more driving between Fredericksburg and VA Beach and days spent driving around homes.  This also changed my job situation considerably.  We are closing on a house next week in a completely different area (Hampton, VA).  I'm coaching for a team I love, but not one of the four I had planned to.  It's changed school opportunities, work opportunities, scouting programs, church visits, homeschool coops and clubs, and changed the kind and number of cars we need as well.

Currently, we are cleaning up and starting to gather all of our things to put into a truck to move into our final destination (for the next 5-10 years anyhow).  I'm driving 100 miles a day for swimming for one more week... and college boy starts school on Monday (but has to be at the school for various functions every day right now).  We delayed getting a second vehicle until we close on the house -- but we need four YIKES!  School is happening quite haphazardly, as we have one very small table (card table size), zero comfortable seating, and are generally sitting atop one another.  I can not wait to get my household goods... I miss my Vitamix, my crock pot, instant pot, knives, mixer, pots & pans...BERKEY water filter...).  I have two jobs (one teaching speech and debate to students in China, Vietnam and Korea; one coaching swim).  I hope to hear on a full time job with an energy & environment company handling content development; social media; youth outreach program and B2C marketing efforts.  

It's a mad world.

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

wow, that is a lot of emotional ups and downs.  Hopefully, things will settle down in the next few weeks and you can take a deep breath.  

One can only hope... I think I'm looking at a year of settling in, though.  Maybe after I drop ponygirl off for college next fall?  🤣😭

• Like 1

Just now, Margaret in CO said:

0656 is what I'm seeing. 

SAT/ACTScores Test scores must be sent to school code 0656. You may submit your application electronically at any point, but we must receive qualifying test scores before the application will be considered complete. Navy and Nurse Application SAT: 540 Math; 550 Evidence Based Reading and Writing AND 1200 Combined (Math plus Evidence Based Reading and Writing) ACT: 21 Math; 22 English AND 47 Combined (Math plus English) Applicants with the minimum individual Math and Verbal scores but not the combined score, and who respond positively to the MSISR interest question in the application, are eligible to apply and will be considered on the MSISR selection board (Navy Option only). Marine Application SAT minimum combined score of 1000 on the Math and Evidence Based Reading and Writing portions of the test ACT minimum composite score of 22. Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) minimum score of 74 For Navy and Nurse Applicants must meet the requirements of minimum individual score and combined score. Tests can be super scored; meaning some combination of two of the SAME TYPE of test can be used to achieve the minimum required combined score and will be utilized in determining the highest individual test scores.

The NROTC form asks me for her current school's ETS code... I wasn't sure what this was, because they also ask me to submit all PSAT/SAT/ACT scores directly to them.  (I did send an email to the Petty Officer... because I get everything from GED to GRE when I look it up.

Your summer sounds like ours. We sold our old house June 21st, supposed to close on the new house June 24th, ended up finally closing at the end of July. Now we're waiting on the renovations but we have told the contractor that we're moving in this Sat. Everything we own is in storage. We had 1 week of clothes and pretty much nothing else. 

• Like 1