Menu

Need reviews for Physics-Prep for AP Physics

we're going for it this year too. the only diff it seems are discussion boards and a weekly chat time. neither do i think my ds needs. he just did hon physics with derek owens, and give him some videos and homework, and he's good to go where math/science are concerned. and for $150 you can't beat it!

My son did Physics Prep for AP Physics Mechanics this year. He found that some of the homework/test questions on physics prep he didn't feel were completely taught through the videos, but overall he was very pleased. He supplemented with a Giancoli Physics book and did a bunch of old AP tests. He made a 5 on the test.

On 8/15/2019 at 4:15 PM, Julie of KY said:

My son did Physics Prep for AP Physics Mechanics this year. He found that some of the homework/test questions on physics prep he didn't feel were completely taught through the videos, but overall he was very pleased. He supplemented with a Giancoli Physics book and did a bunch of old AP tests. He made a 5 on the test.

Finally someone who's taken it! I feel I've been asking too about Physics-Prep for the past 3 years and never had anyone pony up to having taken it... Glad to hear it went well! Did he do a full-year Physics Mechanics or did he do Elec/Magn also? We're debating whether to do only Mechanics or both?

• 2 months later...

We passed it last year. Should say that my son prepared a lot for it  with different assignments and tutors  It's great when there is someone you can rely on with your questions and who can explain it. It's hard but everything is real.

Good like for you too!

Edited by emzhengjiu
link removed

On 8/17/2019 at 8:53 AM, Julie of KY said:

He only did Mechanics - over the year at an easy pace. He could have gone much faster, but had lots of other stuff on his schedule.

You could start with just Mechanics and decide later if you can move fast enough to also do E&M.

Are there labs?