Menu

What's with the ads?

Can’t wait!  I’ve been wanting to start Latin myself before starting me kids on it.  

It's been in production forever, and every time they hit their estimated date it gets pushed back another 6 months to a year.  

That being said I only know that because I've been watching it the past few years hoping it's actually going to be finished!  So I do hope you are right.

• Like 1

It's been live more than a week now. I’d love to hear what everyone thinks. My son has an 8-day streak now. 

8 hours ago, arliemaria said:

It's been live more than a week now. I’d love to hear what everyone thinks. My son has an 8-day streak now. 

I have been testing it on two kids, middle school and elementary.
Kid A: has done half of GSWL and 3 weeks' lessons in LFC A.  He is truly a beginner.
Kid B: did the entire GSWL, Cambridge Latin 1, FFL and is working through LFC.

Kid A is struggling a bit with the grammar.  He's taking his time, but the lessons in LFC A are really helping him figure it out.  Kid B is doing well with some of the unfamiliar/less familiar words that he hasn't practiced in a while because those endings were so drilled into him in FFL.
Both kids are enjoying it quite a bit and ask to do it as soon as they're done with their work.  My only caution would be about using it without a program on the side to really give kids the breakdown of the grammar that they need.  It would not be fair.  Duolingo just doesn't have enough explanation for most people.
I was going to pay for Headventureland, but I think this is going to keep them going for a while. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know!!! I just discovered this last night and I'm going to start my youngest two on it on Monday. They already do Duolingo French so they are used to the format. What a great resource 😊👍.

• Like 2

Thanks to this thread I added Latin to my Duolingo account. I am enjoying it so far.....did it with the dc’s for years but don’t remember much.