Menu

Latin 3 Asynchronous, any help very appreciated

I know I started a thread on this last year but I cannot find it; if anyone remembers it or can find it that would be great.

DD14 took Latin 1 and 2 with Lukeion; she got a gold on both NLEs.  She self-studied the second half of Latin 2 as she'd started B&M 8th grade.  Now she is in B&M high school and wants to do Latin 3 at home and during her study period at school.  The study period is actually a half hour of guided self-study for gifted kids where they encourage them to find something outside of school classes to work on independently, so I think it would fit the bill.  She's determined to continue with Latin one way or another.

She needs a Latin 3 program.  A book would be okay, plus videos would be great, plus quizzes or feedback or forums or whatever else would be awesome.  It can't be live because of the school issue; we're in the midwestern US so the times of things like Lukeion and CLRC and etc. are always during the school day.  

Does anyone know of anything she can use?  I am drawing a lot of blanks.

Latin Alive has a book 3. My hesitation is recommending is 1) they appear to be slow about editing and 2) my kids don't like the teacher. I like her, but they don't. Anyway.

However, CAP just launched this program where they have online modules which you can customize based on how much help you need.  https://classicalacademicpress.com/product/latin-alive-book-3-online-module/   So you might be able to use the videos and then sign up for the online module level you think you need.  

Hopefully, there will be other options offered here as well.  

I contacted Lukeion last year about this issue. We need a class that is on the weekends or late in the evening because of scheduling. They suggested that my son take the class by watching the recordings of the regular classes. They publish the videos of each session, apparently, and the instructor will approve of this method for kids who have scheduling conflicts. The homework and quiz deadlines will be the same. I have not used this option because my son would like a live class, but, if this model would work for your daughter, it is worth a try.

I am hoping that someone posts more options on this thread.