Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
ElizabethB

Engineering and art combined in any jobs, fields, courses?

My son is good at both engineering and art.  He enjoys drawing and making things with a 3D printer, although he has not designed anything himself yet, just printed existing designs.  He also likes cars.  Besides automotive design, are there any careers or courses or fields that coming these things?  He is entering 9th grade this year, so am hoping to find some good courses that combine these areas.

We have a homeschool subscription the Adobe Creative Cloud, my daughter plans to go into graphic design and has been teaching herself many of the programs and my son has played around with a few. 

Architecture maybe?  Civil engineering?  Imagineering?  I'm pretty sure there isn't a direct path to the last one, but he might be able to find a way to work in theme park design or the like.

ETA: This is a pretty cool link explaining how to get a foot in the door with imagineering: http://classifieds.usatoday.com/blog/careers/become-disney-imagineer/

Edited by HomeAgain
  • Like 2

Construction design -- my DH does design work, and there are definitely elements of both engineering and art in what he does. 

• Like 1