Menu

Emma had a birthday! (aka shameless excuse to post grandchild photos)

Lady Florida.

My granddaughter Emma turned one year old yesterday. She has been doing amazingly well since her heart surgery at 5 months. Just like everyone said, once that was fixed she went about the business of being a baby and reaching milestones. She doesn't crawl yet but is trying (and she rolls over). She babbles. She receives both physical and occupational therapy, and is finally starting to take some solid food. She also communicates in her way. She opens her arms wide when she wants to be picked up, and she lets her brothers know when she's enjoying their antics and when to back off. 

emma bday dress.jpg

Emma with cake.jpg

CAKE.jpg

emma and the boys.jpg

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 44
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I can’t believe it’s been a year already?!  Surely that’s not right, she was born like two months ago 🤣

I agree.  It seems like you JUST posted about her.  Looks like she is doing wonderfully.

I would encourage them to keep up with some baby signs or modified sign language.  We use that a lot with our 3-5 year olds with DS in the preschool room at the school where I work.  Communication is so important.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I can’t believe it’s been a year already?!  Surely that’s not right, she was born like two months ago 🤣

37 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

I agree.  It seems like you JUST posted about her.  Looks like she is doing wonderfully.

We can't believe it either. Time is just flying by.