Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Critterfixer

Accountability Thread 8/11-8/17

Morning!

Not sure what my plan is for today.  Blah.

I think I am going to at some point have the kids help me sort some coins, and then we will go make a deposit at the bank.  

And I will probably run the vacuum.  My kitchen is mostly clean it just needs a good wipedown.

And some planning.

Oh, and tonight the girls and I are going to pass out water at a fun run.  That's at 6.  Tonight was supposed to be DS6's night to cook, but I don't think we will have time.  So I don't know what we are going to do about dinner.

I also need to write out my grocery list so I can go tomorrow.  

• Like 2

Ok, so got breakfast for the kids.  One of the extra kids loves to vacuum so I got him to vacuum our main room. The dishwasher is done so after lunch I will have DD10 unload it and I can put all the lunch dishes in and then wipe down the kitchen.

We counted out the change and went to the bank.  I did get my grocery list done for the most part.  I feel like I am leaving something out, but it looks ok so 🤷‍♀️

Kids are outside now, then we will do lunch.  After lunch, Karaoke time and then some nintendo time.  

While the kids are outside, I should make sure to get my camera charged up.  

• Like 2

I need some dry erase markers and we need some crayons.  We have some of each, but not really enough crayons.  I think tomorrow I am going to pick some up while I am shopping.

The dry erase markers are less expensive on Amazon.  

I think I am NOT going to do school on Monday.  It will just be too much with the kids here.  

• Like 2

Second day of term.  Very similar to yesterday 🙂 

so: Language Arts, math, art, piano, Latin review, go over Greek alphabet, read-alouds,  Anki, exercise & keep trying to get housework in line -- yesterday there were dishes piled high all day because, well, school + sick elder DS.  Prioritizing school has its ups & downs for sure.  

Also today a mid-day run by the library, pick up corn dogs from our favorite burger place on the way home.  

This weekend I'd like to prep science & history to add in. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

I am feeling so lazy today.  I slept later than planned.  Then I sat around longer than I planned before going to the store.  So I was at back until like 12:30

Then after getting groceries unloaded I sat around some more.  DD10 did not unload the dishwasher while I was gone like I asked.   But when I got home DH immediately had the kids get some cereal.*. So I had to wait until she was done with that before having her unload.  But I still sat around.  I did get the freezer stuff put away in the freezer.  

And now I have the dishes in finally and I have most of the fridge stuff in the fridge.  I still have to separate out stuff like the tubs of yogurt to servings and such.  

And I need to clean all my cast iron.  And make dinner tonight.  And finish putting away the pantry stuff.  And have the kids do their chores. And finish school planning.  And I really wanted to get some sewing done this weekend but probably not going to get done.  

But, football is on today.   FOOOOOOTBAAAAAALLLLL.  

SO, I will probably at least get dinner done.  

• Like 2

today: planning.  I need to plan our science for the term at least, and our week.  And then just keep everything else stable. 

Huge happiness: my planning totally paid off for school on Thurs & Fri!!!!  We got so much done, despite elder DS health issues, and with fairly little stress b/c of our "just do the next thing until it is time to stop" approach, and having it all figured out ahead of time.  !!!!   Praise the Lord, Hallelujah, and Thank You Fellow Accountables. 

ETA: forgot, first thing to plan is a few adjustments to make after our standardized testing results came in. 

Okay, editing as I go:

• adjustments b/c of testing results (which confirmed what I'd already noticed)
    • younger DS: general non-verbal problem solving, build tolerance of failure and ability to stay present & creative when he doesn't quickly see a path forward
      • identify and list available resources, develop plan to use some of them and review the others
        • Artistic Pursuits; craft kits we own; GravityMaze; find other puzzle games (Kaboodle Junior; maybe Rush Hour); chess game we have (found it -- No Stress chess).
        • would be nice to use: Thinking Skills for Tests, Math Analogies level 2
      • identify resources to acquire, figure out how many can be "sold" to the child as fun 🙂 
    • elder DS: build computational speed and accuracy
      • find good program/approach (or a couple/few) to trial: settled on Calculadder which I've used in the past, downloaded sample and wrote company b/c I lost the activation code for the CalcuPak software I own
      • add computational practice to his school loop: we'll try alternating it with Calculus Without Tears
      • it would be nice to have for him: more puzzle games to lighten up his math cycle.  see if grandmother will spring for puzzle game(s) at birthday, AMine and/or CubePro
  • take a short break to water plants, then troubleshoot science plans
    • younger DS
      • term goals
      • resources available now; list anything to acquire, focus on using what we have
      • make procedure/lesson plan(s)
      • have reading list, begin to request stuff from library
    • elder DS
      • term goals
      • decide how to balance trialing BFSU book 3 with child's aviation-science program
      • design an aviation course (note: include core resource; Eric Sloan's Weather Book; ...)(done: core resource; read Eric Sloane's Weather book then Murchie's Song of the Sky; parallel those with St. Exupery's Flight to Arras (or other flight adventure/fiction, if Arras doesn't go over well)
      • prep for first few lessons of BFSU
        • set up notebook
        • lesson A-19: read Asimov's How We Found Out About Atoms; reserve suggested books at library
        • skim, set up materials list for, and begin reserving books/make book reservation chart for lessons A-20-24; then plan to go to thread B around Term 2
      • make procedure/lesson plans
      • have reading lists, both aviation and general, begin to request stuff
  • week plans
    • block out times for Dungeon Master "seminar"; younger DS Pokemon; everybody Role Playing Game night; elder DS acupuncture appt Friday; other non-school chunks
    • figure out elder DS meal and snack times
    • schedule school chunks
    • prioritize fitness
    • find time for me to exercise
Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1