Menu

Online Dual Enrollment At Four Year College/University?

I was looking through all the tagged topics (motherlodes 1,2, 3, etc.) and still couldn't find an answer to this question (I might have missed it though). Is there a list somewhere on this site of four year, i.e. Bachelor degree granting, colleges/universities that offer dual enrollment credit for courses taken by high school homeschoolers?

I'm aware that community colleges are the typical providers of dual enrollment courses, but I am considering overseas colleges for my kids (non USA) and many European colleges are now asking for, in addition to an American high school diploma, college courses that come from institutions granting four year degrees (essentially dual enrollment courses but not from cc's). This requirement presumably is to establish the rigor of an American high school education as compared with a European, Asian, etc.,  high school education. (The other option is an American high school diploma accompanied by 3-4 AP tests with scores of 4-5, which we may do instead because it's probably faster and easier, lol. The AP class is not required, just passing the AP test with a score of 4-5).

I know of Liberty University Online that allows high school students to take college courses for credit (pay by credit hour): https://www.liberty.edu/online-academy/dual-enrollment/ . Maybe Stanford University also does this (?)  but I was wondering if there are lists of other 4 year colleges/universities somewhere? Or maybe four year colleges/universities with these options for high schoolers somewhere that somebody here happens to know about? All the info I can find is about community colleges, or other two year degree granting programs.

Thanks so much!!!

Edited by CAtoVA

We are in west Michigan and there at least four Christian universities/colleges that I know of here where kids can take dual enrollment...Calvin University, Cornerstone University, Grace Christian University, and Kuyper College.  These all grant bachelor's degrees.  There are also two D2 state universities, Grand Valley State and Ferris State that have it.  

• Thanks 1

My kids have done dual enrollment at Stephen F. Austin State University and at the University of Texas at Arlington. Both would be about $85/credit hour for online, I believe (it costs less for in-person classes). I don't think you have to be Texas residents to dual enroll.

For private colleges, Letourneau University and Taylor University offer dual enrollment, but I don't have the costs at hand.

Really there are a quite a few four-year universities that offer dual enrollment, so as suggested above, I would check in your state. There may even be one in your area where they could take classroom classes.

Liberty University is pretty much the closest four year school. It's private (and expensive per credit hour). There probably are other four year private colleges  in VA that will enroll HS students at a (high) cost.  I'm looking for reasonable cost : ) .

For public, state colleges/universities, VA has a two-year, community college system that seems to carry the workload for public/private high school DE, and where most homeschool students go as well when they are looking for college credit classes. It doesn't  look like VA in-state four year colleges (i.e. University of Virginia, James Madison University, etc.) enroll currently attending high school students for DE credits. Many states offer this option at their bachelor + degree granting in-state (i.e., more affordable) colleges/universities but it looks like VA is not one of those states. 

Thanks for the information so far!!!!

Edited by CAtoVA