Menu

We're about finished - Thank-you, SWB and Boardies

Sorry I couldn't come up with a more creative title, but thank-you, SWB and everyone else who has answered all of my dumb questions over the years.  My oldest is about finished with high school.  I'm setting her graduation date as December 1st, but she probably only has about 8 weeks of school left.  She is starting at our CC next semester with the goal of transferring into a BSN program after she finishes her core curriculum.  The CC has beginning and intermediate sailing...so yeah, she basically wants to go there to take sailing.  Lol.

We followed WTM writing suggestions from the beginning and ya' know...she ended up a really good writer!  She's a better writer than I was at that age.  She's a great reader, too.  Constantly reading something or listening to podcasts (lol)...

She did end up fulfilling all the goals for the Congressional Award, Silver Medal.  We're turning in all the paperwork now.

I'm making a huge packet for her right now with transcripts, lists of awards, sports records that she broke during high school, activities, volunteer work, etc.  

I do have 4 more to graduate, but I did want to say, "Thank-you!" as I get ready to graduate this one.   

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 8:38 AM, soror said:

Congratulations Evanthe, I've always loved reading what you guys were up to, congrats on making it to the finish line with #1!

Thank-you!  You know I always enjoyed reading your posts over the years, too.  It seems like you were always having the same homeschooling issues we were and it was nice having someone to commiserate with (Lol).  You and I both have creative, outside-the-box kids and it's been a crazy ride the last few years!  

I never envisioned the last semester of homeschooling involving so much paperwork!  😆 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evanthe said:

Thank-you!  You know I always enjoyed reading your posts over the years, too.  It seems like you were always having the same homeschooling issues we were and it was nice having someone to commiserate with (Lol).  You and I both have creative, outside-the-box kids and it's been a crazy ride the last few years!  

I never envisioned the last semester of homeschooling involving so much paperwork!  😆 

Lalala don't want to hear about all the paperwork, I'm still hoping to school the girls all the way through, ds is doing well at ps.

• Like 1