Please tell me I am not the only one

4 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Well, now we have to know what it is! 🙂 

This clearly means.....I am alone.

NINE   OH   TWO     One  OH

Please, someone?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I am currently indulging in my newest adult* guilty pleasure of posting here one handed while walking the dog.

i am very curious what you are doing 

* My middle school or high school self would be very horrified that this is my idea of an adult pleasure.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I knew exactly what you were talking about. (But I'm not watching because I didn't watch in HS.)

(But I do want to know how they write out Luke Perry...)

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 3

I am clearly alone lol

But it's so stupid.  And better than expected.  And still stupid lol.  And funny.  And I might have to watch all the episodes (only 6 I think.)  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I watched the originally series but I'm not planning to watch the new one.  They all look so OLD, and I didn't age at all in that time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I watched the originally series but I'm not planning to watch the new one.  They all look so OLD, and I didn't age at all in that time.

Oh, but its not like any other reboot.

It's...............a show about a show.  Which makes it better, IMO.  The cast plays themselves.......staring as their 90210 characters..................on a reboot of 90210.  

I just finished the first episode.  Better than I expected.  Most of the right references, and the absolutely positively right tribute to Luke Perry.  And, as I undersand it, it's just more like a mini series rather than an actual series.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I read fanfiction.  Lots. My guilty pleasure isn’t even guilty at this point in my life.  Solidarity, sister.

Oh Oh, did you watch it!   Please say you watched it!

If you didn't and you want to.....I can probably find it this weekend lol

• Like 1

don't feel alone. I spent many hours a few weeks ago letting my teenage nieces and nephews show me all the dumb youtube videos they love.  A few of them were hilarious but some were just awful. But I did it because that is how they wanted to relate to me in that moment.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

(But I do want to know how they write out Luke Perry...)

Because of the way the script is written, it's simply recognized that he's gone.  At the beginning, one character says something like "it's great that we could all be here" and another says something like "well, not all of us"   And everyone chokes up.

Then, somewhere in the middle, they again mention something like 'not all of us' and then they have a toast "To Luke!"

At the end, there's a clip from like one of the very first episodes of the orginal show and then it stops and thats the end card with text that says "to our friend Luke Perry" and then his dates.  

But all of that makes sense in the context of the show.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Oh Oh, did you watch it!   Please say you watched it!

If you didn't and you want to.....I can probably find it this weekend lol

No I’m sorry!  I’ve never actually seen an episode of the show, even on rerun!  But I don’t have high moral ground to stand on from a fangirl perspective 🤗

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Oh, but its not like any other reboot.

It's...............a show about a show.  Which makes it better, IMO.  The cast plays themselves.......staring as their 90210 characters..................on a reboot of 90210.  

I just finished the first episode.  Better than I expected.  Most of the right references, and the absolutely positively right tribute to Luke Perry.  And, as I undersand it, it's just more like a mini series rather than an actual series.  

Wait, where can I watch this!?!!?I LOVED 90210!! Well, the earlier seasons. By the end it was...not so good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

Indulging in my high school/middle school guilty pleasure right now?

You're not alone.  I really enjoyed the first episode and am looking forward to next week.

• Like 1

I taped it.  Not sure it will hold the same joy for me, as I didn't watch the original series.  I didn't watch much TV at all in the 90's.  I was single for half of it and out all the time.  Then I got married in '95 but we were still very active.  I didn't watch TV until I had babies and was so tired I couldn't do much else nor did I go out as much as they needed care.

Maybe I should watch the original series.  I cannot believe it has been 30 years.  THIRTY!  That is NUTS.

I saw a meme the other day that said "in one year 1990 will have been 30 years ago, when I think of 30 years ago, I think 1970's!" 😂  I was like, "YUP!"

• Like 2

I watched it.  I cringed in several spots when Donna was talking about her financial woes and such.   If I was her husband, I probably wouldn’t be all that happy since they portrayed him as a lazy bum.   Her character was made to be way too much like her irl.   I thought the longing looks at Dylan on the tv were ridiculously cheesy.   From what I’ve read, he was the only one who didn’t sign up for the reboot, which makes me wonder what they would’ve said about him had he not passed away.    I think he was smart not to go for it.   It was hard to watch, but I made it through the whole episode without turning it, lol.   

I knew what you were talking about even though I was an adult when that show was on and I never watched it. I saw an ad for it on Hulu last night so that's how I knew. 

I will however, admit I enjoy several shows for which I'm clearly not in the target demographic. That's just not one of them. 🙂 

12 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

Wait, where can I watch this!?!!?I LOVED 90210!! Well, the earlier seasons. By the end it was...not so good. 

I think you can probably pull it up on the Fox website, or probably Hulu.  

46 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

I watched it.  I cringed in several spots when Donna was talking about her financial woes and such.   If I was her husband, I probably wouldn’t be all that happy since they portrayed him as a lazy bum.   Her character was made to be way too much like her irl.   I thought the longing looks at Dylan on the tv were ridiculously cheesy.   From what I’ve read, he was the only one who didn’t sign up for the reboot, which makes me wonder what they would’ve said about him had he not passed away.    I think he was smart not to go for it.   It was hard to watch, but I made it through the whole episode without turning it, lol.   

It was my understanding that Luke was supposed to be on also.  

I think they are all supposed to be rather over dramatized versions of themselves and it didn't seem to me that anyone's spouses looked all that great.  

I am pretty interested in seeing where they take the whole thing.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DawnM said:

I taped it.  

I have to ask, did you literally tape it, or did you DVR it? Was all the 90's nostalgia reminding you of our old technology? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happy, you’re right—  None of the spouses came out looking very good!  I wonder if that’s so people won’t be upset when they cheat on them?    Hmmm... 🤔

• Haha 1

I recorded but haven't watched yet. DH was home last night and I knew I'd be mocked. 🤣Will watch when he has his next band practice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, StellaM said:

My kids and I literally watch a YouTuber who puts up content like 'Buying everything my dogs touch at the store' and 'I wanted to look like a toothbrush' (Jenna Marbles I love you), so to me, 90210 reboot sounds positively intellectual. So, no shade from this direction, OP.

The stupidity of the things my kids can find to watch on youtube (when youtube is not banned, cough cough) amazes me.  And the number of views these things have!  Tens of thousands!  Baffles the mind.

I was 20 when that started.  Sigh...I never really got into it because I was in college and rarely had time for it.  

I never watched it but my dh did....he is two years younger than me and is from CA so maybe that is why.  I heard a critic on NPR this morning describe it as 'entertaining enough.'  Cracked me up.

I loved 90210 back in the day but I'm afraid to watch this one. It just seems...sad for them as actors. Like, haven't you moved on to something else? Are you trying to relive your glory days? 🙈But I've only glanced at the previews for it so I might be way off base.

90210 was still airing when I got married and dh would tease me about watching.  However, when I watched he would show up and stand behind me.  I shooed him away "you don't get to tease me and then stand there watching!"  I think by not sitting down he still had plausible deniability that he wasn't really watching!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 9:48 PM, happysmileylady said:

This clearly means.....I am alone.

NINE   OH   TWO     One  OH

Please, someone?

HILARIOUS!! Yes, although I was well past high school, and although I knew the reboot would surely be awful, yes, I watched it. It lived up to my expectations, sadly.

By midway through it, I texted my sister: "9-0-2-1-NO."

Next thing to look forward to is the Brady Bunch House reno, and they'd better not dash my dreams!

I just binged watched several episodes and LOVE it. I think it exactly hits the same ridiculous yet sentimental note the original did. I'm eating it up with a spoon.