Menu

Combining Kids for Artistic Pursuits

astralweaver

I have a 10 year old fifth grader and an 8 year old third grader. I’d like to combine them for the first year of Artistic Pursuits 4-5.

We have not done any AP before and my  younger daughter requested more art this year. I really only want to choose one level and see if it works for us and I’m totally uninterested in tying this in with our history.

Can anyone foresee a potential problem with my third grader using the higher level set? 

I've used all 3 K-3 books and both elementary books with my kids grouped together (all ages K-6) and I've never had a problem. The younger books were fine for the older kids and the older books were fine for the younger kids. I just adjusted my expectations of what the finished product should look like. I was using the books only resource, not the new video based courses. Hope you have a fun year!

• Like 1

In case it’s helpful: my then-5th grader found the first 4-5 book really dry after doing the K-3 ones. It’s all about drawing/line. He missed using different techniques and colour. We’re trying it again this year (6th and 4th Grade) but will alternate with book 2.

Thanks. We have not done any of the K-3 ones. Actually, we haven’t done any formal art at all besides picture study. So she won’t have anything else to compare it to. I do like the variety aspect though, so I may go ahead and get book two. Thanks for your input!