Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning, Jean. Sounds like you're doing well on the camp prep!

Today:

• Do a schoolish morning and early afternoon with kids.
  • YNAB
  • AHG things
  • P.O.
  • Work at church
  • Get CSA box and some fresh ginger. 

Dinner is chx stir fry.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

Morning all!

Company is still with us -- it's been a good time.  They're doing their own thing today, and then I'm making supper tonight.

• coffee
  • start laundry and fold last night's load
  • dishes and morning tidy
  • hang laundry
  • homeschool paper work for next year is done; mail out copies to the state and then deliver copies to the district superintendent (within walking distance).
  • lunch and clean up
  • wondering if I should start the Great Migration - the annual rearranging of the school shelves and boxing up of last year's papers.  I hide books all over the house (no  garage, attic, or basement storage  I can use, so I have to get creative).  But this means lots of unpacking and shuffling around when I get into things..
  • possible grocery run
  • grilling ? for supper
Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 7

Good morning!! I hope everyone is doing well!

Ds and I spent last week traveling to see all our immediately family between here and Ohio, and it was a good trip. Co-op, which will be his first official day of school, starts this Friday, and it's full steam ahead the next week. 

I've been up awhile getting dh off to work, enjoying my coffee, and making some calls for a friend to get some auto repair estimates. 

Today:

• do some algebra review with ds 
  • children's ministry meeting at church 2:00 pm
  • meal plan and grocery store
  • work on final prep for co-op classes (teaching a 2nd/3rd grade writing class and ACT/SAT math prep class)
  • look over math tutoring for this week
  • tidy whole house

• Like 7

Hi Amy! Nice to see you! Jean, your camp sounds amazing- I am so impressed with all your work!

Good morning! Today is dh and my 25th anniversary! We aren't really doing anything special- breakfast out today and a quick overnight at a nice hotel locally on Thursday. All my chicks are home and that is very fun.

• water-weed- done- it is going to be super hot today.
  • coffee/paper 
  • ds3 to tennis
  • breakfast out
  • home to chores and hanging out with kids
  • dd2 to school for picture ID/activity pass
  • dd2- PT
  • someone will pick up ds3
  • Not sure what we will do tonight but we will all be together

Have a great day!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! 

Yesterday, the mom rescheduled to today, so that's first up; meeting with her in about an hour. 

Did no quilting yesterday, so must do some today. 

Got the boys closets decluttered, packed the "too small" stuff to go donate (or try to sell at a kids' consignment shop, hopefully), and made the list for back to school shopping this week while sales are on. We're going to do that today (some online, some in store). My goal is: meet with the mom, come get the boys, go shop, home by lunch-ish, quilt all afternoon. 

Also need to do another load of laundry, and pick a dinner idea. We are *probably* watching Detective Pikachu, so maybe something to go with that (we are having funky fruit to go with, so something to go with that). 

But first, coffee....

• Like 7

Good morning!

Hi Amy! Good to see ya!

• walk through the main floor and make a list of odds and ends that need to get done - I would like to finally wrap this remodeling project up once and for all!
  • horse vet is coming over at 10:00 to treat an eye injury (it's always something)
  • office work - bills, email, finances (actually going to do this today instead of just putting it on my list)
  • contact Chewy and tell them my order arrived in damaged condition
  • do my online CBT thing
  • maybe run to town for errands? don't feel like it, though
  • dinner: ?? fried rice or something I can throw together with what I have on hand
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys.  Happy Tuesday.

We only have two weeks left before school starts!  Half of me wants to cry.  (Please tell me that is NOT hormones.)

I just confirmed on our class facebook page that we don't have "summer homework."  I was panicked for a second there ... apparently other schools in our area do, so I thought maybe I missed something.  Whew!  Not that we haven't been busy enough ....

The school supply orders are rolling in.  It's fun to anticipate unpacking the boxes and getting everything ready.  BUT my kids' rooms are so full of crap that needs to be purged ... adding more stuff without purging was not the plan ....  (To be fair, they did purge some, but it is only partly done.)  And all those house projects ....

The piles on my dresser of stuff I wanted to get through this summer ... unrealistic as usual.  Oh well. No point whining about it.

So let's live in the moment.  Today:

Done:

• Kids up & off to day camp.  Driver took them there, but I will drive them home.
  • Caught up on social media, emails, news.
  • Walked about a mile.
  • Still working on my 2nd cup of coffee.  Shame on me!
  • Some minor stuff.

To do:

• Yoga etc.
  • Lots of work.
  • Pick up the kids.
  • Try to do the kid work we didn't get to yesterday.
  • Kid 2 to horse riding.
  • Pizza for dinner - don't forget!
  • Kid 1 to gymnastics.
  • Laundry.
  • More walking.
  • Try to get some scout work done.
  • Read-aloud.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Am I forgetting something ????
  • Like 8

• call Gastro doc and schedule colonoscopy  
  • call dentist and schedule appt  
  • buy new antenna and hook it up  
  • lunch with a friend  
  • clean my bedroom PARTIALLY
  • CVS for prep meds  - will get tomorrow while I am out
  • buy some prep foods/grocery  
Edited by DawnM
  • Like 8

human care done

pet care done

medical care done

morning exercises done

signed up three more scholarshipped campers

texted back and forth with the little boys counselor about our new junior counselor who will be helping out. 

read a Katy Bowman blog post.

Oh - and three more teen campers!  Things keep happening before i can hit post! 

• Like 6

Whew, home. 

Met with the mom; went well, so that's good. We'll see if he signs up after all or not. 

Took the boys shopping for the clothes they need, got everything they needed but the pants (will order online). Took longer/more stops than anticipated, but now we're home, ate lunch, and I need to tidy up down here before I move up to sew/quilt. 

And trying not to be frustrated with our oldest, who didn't get off from his summer job in time to come home before his brother goes to college. We've only been asking him to ask about that since he first applied for this job back in May. His brother doesn't quite get it, either, and I know is a little bummed/hurt by this, so I'm soothing that, too. 

Enough venting...time to get moving. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Did you say already, what are the sword hilts for? Sounds like a fun thing! 

http://sharevid.ru/index.php?s=uni&p=58585-0-how-to-make-a-paper-sword-ninja-sword-tutorial.html

I am preprepping the paper tubes that go into the sword shaft and the decorative part of the hilt.  My kids are as  young as 9 and they don't have the dexterity to do it yet. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

http://sharevid.ru/index.php?s=uni&p=58585-0-how-to-make-a-paper-sword-ninja-sword-tutorial.html

I am preprepping the paper tubes that go into the sword shaft and the decorative part of the hilt.  My kids are as  young as 9 and they don't have the dexterity to do it yet. 

oh, that's a cool tutorial! Thanks! Looks like a lot of fun for them!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OK - I am giving myself the rest of the day off from Camp Prep.  Feeling a touch burnt out.   I can start fresh tomorrow.  In fact, I think that I'm ready for a big Michael's run.  That should change things up a bit.  I don't want to go to Michael's now though - too late in the day esp. if I want to get back in time to cook dinner. 

• Like 4

Did some school stuff. Have not done laundry, or quilted. DH is home early and so we vented to one another about DS21. and about me going to my mom's this weekend. DS18 says he understands about his brother not coming home.  Picked the restaurant for the dinner with the extended family tomorrow. I need to really pour some good/positivity into myself, so that when I am at my mom's, I'm not grumpy. 

Cooking dinner, watching a movie together, will do laundry in/around that. Tomorrow: nothing but the blasted quilt, because then I'm kind of out of time. (I am not annoyed at the quilt, I am annoyed at a million other small things, including my own avoidance/procrastination, and the poor quilt is taking the frustration of it). 

I don't know for sure if I'll be able to check in Thurs/Fri/Sat -- if y'all think of it, pray for me. I'm going to help my mom get home after her knee replacement. Our history is...complicated. I'd like to survive the 3 days w/o wanting to kill her, or her me. 

• Like 5

Put away the laundry from yesterday. Started a load, and am about to put it in the dryer and the final load in the wash. Then after the movie, can hang the jeans and put whites in the dryer and be done. 

DS18 cut up all the weird fruit he bought this weekend (dragon fruit and a type of lychee), and we all ate that for  pre-dinner snack. 

Dinner is cooked & waiting on the guys to finish their game upstairs -- chicken w/purple yams, diced & cooked in a skillet with butter, garlic, salt, and an herb seasoning blend. 

Once the guys come down, we'll eat, watch the movie, swap the laundry, bed. 

• Like 4

I made it to the ballot box in time.

The dishwasher is running.

Tonight is National Night Out.  There were lots of neighbors in our park just a block away.  I stayed on the outskirts of the park because I can't trust Juliet not to eat anyone.  But a little boy saw me and came running over - not to see Juliet but to ask me if I go to the Y.  "Yes", I replied.  "Are you a counselor?"  "No", I said a bit puzzled.  Then I realized that I was wearing my Y t-shirt.  The same t-shirt that the counselors wear but minus the big "STAFF" designation on the back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2