Menu

Baseboards and pet fur.... what are your tips?

umsami

We have two cats and one dog who shed, a lot.  We've found ways to manage the fur, but one thing that I haven't conquered is how the pet fur accumulates (almost sticks) to our white baseboards...making them look super nasty.  

What are your tips for cleaning baseboards?

What are your tips for keeping them clean?

Not sure if there are different words for these in various countries, but think of this as wood trim, maybe 10 cms or so tall....which is flush with the floor. Of course, it's painted white (like the rest of my trim), so shows dirt/fur easily. 🙂

Edited by umsami

A neighbor of mine heard to wipe them with a Bounce dryer sheet, with the thinking that dust won't stick, I guess. She hasn't tried it and neither have I. I do feel your pain though, our trim throughout our house is this white satin(?) paint just is just always slightly sticky. We are replacing some of the surfaces, but the baseboards are staying. 

Teenagers with baby wipes or microfiber rags is a brilliant idea. And slap some headlamps on them so they can see all the dust!