Menu

Ladies razor suggestion?

school17777

My favorite razor that I used for at least two decades was discontinued a couple of years ago.   I don’t remember the brand, but it was a basic razor and the blades lasted a long time.  The handle part was an oval.  I didn’t nick my ankles with it.

The one I have now is a Quarto.  I don’t nick myself, but I also don’t think it shaved as close to the skin as my old one.

I shave my legs every other day.  You can’t even tell I shaved last night!  I’ll put in a new blade, but any recommendations for a good razor?

(I probably won’t be back on the forum until tonight- not ignoring anyone!)

13 minutes ago, school17777 said:

My favorite razor that I used for at least two decades was discontinued a couple of years ago.   I don’t remember the brand, but it was a basic razor and the blades lasted a long time.  The handle part was an oval.  I didn’t nick my ankles with it.

The one I have now is a Quarto.  I don’t nick myself, but I also don’t think it shaved as close to the skin as my old one.

I shave my legs every other day.  You can’t even tell I shaved last night!  I’ll put in a new blade, but any recommendations for a good razor?

(I probably won’t be back on the forum until tonight- not ignoring anyone!)

I use Dollar Shave Club but I find their inserts obnoxious and I find the fact that they brazenly refuse to come out with a second color so that I can tell my razors apart from DH's annoying.  How bad could it be too make a pink razor?  And if you've had so many requests that you feel the need to address it in an email, how dumb is your marketing team?  Just saying.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

I use Dollar Shave Club but I find their inserts obnoxious and I find the fact that they brazenly refuse to come out with a second color so that I can tell my razors apart from DH's annoying.  How bad could it be too make a pink razor?  And if you've had so many requests that you feel the need to address it in an email, how dumb is your marketing team?  Just saying.

There marketing team is actually trying to be progressive with that decision, which in this day and age is a smart marketing team.  They jokingly market their razors as unisex because really all razors are unisex since a color doesn't change the fact that it still is the exact same product. 

• Like 1

I just switched from Venus to the Target brand 5 blade razor because it cost less and was surprised that it worked just as well as Venus, maybe even better.   What has made a HUGE difference for me is using an exfoliating glove in the shower before shaving.  I use it with a bit of Aveeno Baby Cleansing Therapy Moisturizing Wash, which I then also use to shave.  It's super gentle and makes your skin feel silky.  No more same day stubble.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 7:47 AM, hjffkj said:

There marketing team is actually trying to be progressive with that decision, which in this day and age is a smart marketing team.  They jokingly market their razors as unisex because really all razors are unisex since a color doesn't change the fact that it still is the exact same product. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Unisex is not universal.  The razor I use to trim bits is not the razor my husband wants to rake across his face, nor do I use my DD's razor.  I understand what they're saying - they were pretty plain in their email to my request for consideration, lol, but I still think it's stupid.  If you want to market to a niche crowd, do so - for example, considering their market is the hipster with the beard, it was savvy to carry a full beard line.  But, when a company makes money by how many widgets they sell (or, alternatively by charging a higher dollar amount by keeping it a bit more classy and elite) they make a poor choice when they need absolutely NO redesign, just a secondary color.  Keep going with the unisex and add a second (or third) unisex color - go gold, go green, go orange, I could care less.  But, if they'd sell a second or third color, I'd buy one of each tomorrow.  And, considering they had to address why they only have a single color, that means I'm not the only current customer (meaning they have my direct contact info) that would buy another razor, purely based on color and not on expensive redesign, the day they pushed send on the email.

That said, back to OP, I like the razors.  They really do give me the best shave.  I don't ever forget to buy because they show up in my mailbox like magic and, because we own four handles, they intermix with DH and both DDs - handy except the color/mix up thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlsdMama said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Unisex is not universal.  The razor I use to trim bits is not the razor my husband wants to rake across his face, nor do I use my DD's razor.  I understand what they're saying - they were pretty plain in their email to my request for consideration, lol, but I still think it's stupid.  If you want to market to a niche crowd, do so - for example, considering their market is the hipster with the beard, it was savvy to carry a full beard line.  But, when a company makes money by how many widgets they sell (or, alternatively by charging a higher dollar amount by keeping it a bit more classy and elite) they make a poor choice when they need absolutely NO redesign, just a secondary color.  Keep going with the unisex and add a second (or third) unisex color - go gold, go green, go orange, I could care less.  But, if they'd sell a second or third color, I'd buy one of each tomorrow.  And, considering they had to address why they only have a single color, that means I'm not the only current customer (meaning they have my direct contact info) that would buy another razor, purely based on color and not on expensive redesign, the day they pushed send on the email.

That said, back to OP, I like the razors.  They really do give me the best shave.  I don't ever forget to buy because they show up in my mailbox like magic and, because we own four handles, they intermix with DH and both DDs - handy except the color/mix up thing.

DH and I both have Harry’s razors so we can use the same blade subscription - his is green and mine is orange.  Not pink, but not the same color either. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 7:22 AM, BlsdMama said:

Can you put a dab of nail polish on yours?

• Thanks 1

I have tried several women's razors, and I always seem to cut myself AND they don't shave very close.  I think they slide sideways just a bit on me.

So I am back to my old standby, courtesy of my husband, who bought me one because I kept borrowing his because it worked better for me--the Gillette Mach 3.  Sticking with that one.  Hope they keep making it.

• Thanks 1