Menu

UC Scout French

What have I done 😩

So I paid $$$ for this and today they published the course. Oh, the accent of the teacher. My children are rolling over the floor from laughter. I am crying. I can't even get them to sit straight for 30 seconds. This isn't going to work. I surely hope I can drop and get a refund.  

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, arctic_bunny said:

I must know! What is wrong with the teacher’s accent?

She is not French! 

And now that I wrote this out, I don't know why I was under the impression that we would get videos recorded by native speakers, but we have always worked with native teachers and materials and this just won't do. 

Not a good start to a year at all. First math, and now this. 😞 

Just now, Roadrunner said:

She is not French! 

And now that I wrote this out, I don't know why I was under the impression that we would get videos recorded by native speakers, but we have always worked with native teachers and materials and this just won't do. 

Not a good start to a year at all. First math, and now this. 😞 

Oh dear! One would expect a decent accent, if not native... different dialect perhaps? 

12 minutes ago, arctic_bunny said:

Oh dear! One would expect a decent accent, if not native... different dialect perhaps? 

I bet so many people wouldn't mind at all, so those of you reading, it's my kids. The class just might be fine. Who knows. My children are spoiled, spoiled bunch. 

That is a bummer it is not a native speaker. I had high hopes for the UC Scout offerings for my kids in a few years. 

I just came across the Virtual Virginia offerings (they have French up to and including AP as well), but at $375, it’s significantly more costly. 

11 minutes ago, bensonduck said:

That is a bummer it is not a native speaker. I had high hopes for the UC Scout offerings for my kids in a few years. 

I just came across the Virtual Virginia offerings (they have French up to and including AP as well), but at $375, it’s significantly more costly. 

Actually UC Scout with a teacher is $400 a semester. And that’s what I paid. I realize we lose $40 if we withdraw, but it is what it is.

i wonder if any of those places have native speakers.