Menu

Videotext juggling the books

5 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

Are you talking about all the books with one module or with all modules?  I would keep the student worktext, dvd, and notes bundled and the instructor, test, and answer key bundled on two separate shelves.  The rest should be stored away temporarily.

I'm specifically asking about all the books for one module.  So I think you answered my question.  Today, I bundled it exactly like you described - and I physically put a rubber band around each bundle.  I think it will help me get used to the system - but I still predict shuffling when DC and I both have the books spread across the table working on a challenging problem.  I'm contemplating putting it into a 3-ring binder or spiral binding it into one volume, but it seems drastic here in the beginning of our journey with VT.

We do VideoText on-line, but I print everything.  I have my teacher binder with the Course Notes (the ones that follow the videos) and the answers.  Each kid has a binder with the current unit containing the lessons, quizzes, unit tests, and comprehensive assessments.  I only keep one unit out at a time.  I keep mine in a 3 ring binder because they add the work they do on lined or graph paper behind each lesson.

• Thanks 1

I have it all 3 hole punched in a 3" binder, each module in one binder, with dividers for the different sections (course notes, work text, answers, quizzes and tests, answers to quizzes and tests). I don't separate it out because the program recommends them checking their own work anyway. I do see all their work with all its cross outs and check marks and so I know they do it, and they do the tests at the kitchen table, so cheating isn't an issue and it's easier to keep it all together in one place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am of the opinion that you would just get used to it with time, especially since they are color coordinated and thickness varies from booklet to booklet in each module.

We have a math shelf on our bookstand that still houses all of Algebra: A Complete Course, as well as Geometry: A Complete Course. My young man has referred back to his Algebra course notes from previous modules when working through Algebra, and now—as we are in Module E of Geometry—he refers back to his Geometry course notes from previous modules, as well as his Algebra courses notes once or twice. As my young man moves through each Geometry module, he takes the previous course notes and stacks them together—oldest notes on bottom up to most current on top—with the current module, for quick reference. When he pulls his daily work from the shelf, his booklets stack nicely in order with graph paper/tablet on top, worktext next, and newest set of course notes working down to oldest set on bottom. I pull the quizzes/tests and answers from the shelf when ready to be utilized. Easy breezy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1