Menu

What's with the ads?

Does anyone who has used this have any tips, applying as a homeschooler? I was hoping we could use Common App since it is more established and there seem to be more helps for it, but though most schools on our list take either one, one or two only take the Coalition. 

I have a counselor account, but that’s all I’ve done. 

Edited by Penelope

Have you checked the sticky posts at the top for old threads? I remember at least one thread from last year...

Okay, I found a couple old threads where people either filled it out or started  (but did not finish) it:

College Coalition app?

Coalition App - Anyone Have Experience or Tips?

I'd tag @JanetC @daijobu @Sebastian (a lady) @kand And check out the linked guides Lori D has in one of the threads I linked, above.

• Like 1

I had to look back at the thread to remember what it was about. At this point, I don’t remember there being any big deal about it other than not liking how much info they wanted about my younger kids. I didn’t recall it being nearly as involved as the Common App,  but perhaps that’s because the only school we needed it for only required a portion of it to be filled out. We didn’t need counselors letters or recommendations or anything like that. 

• Like 2

I didn't do the counselor part of the Coalition app. Sorry. It has had another year to shake out, so hopefully they have answers for your questions now. I found Common App customer support quite responsive. The trick is to start early before "crunch time" hits.

• Like 2