Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Melissa in Australia

ideas needed cross posted

update

the worker came today - she was a lot better prepared mentally . she had obviously done a little bit of research on calming activities etc.

We had a short list of 4 house rules that I went over with the twins 3 times during the morning before the worker came. I handed them to the worker in front of the twins so they knew that she knew about them. She  read them to the twins 3 times ( they were all safety things).  Thanks guys for this suggestion.

I had also made it clear to the worker that I would back her up 100% if she said no etc to the twins- so I think she felt empowered to be firmer. The twins feel safer if they know that the person is really in control and they don't muck up as much

The twins had a ball and the worker really enjoyed herself.

thank you so much for all your encouragement and suggestions that have helped this work better. Greatly appreciated 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

update

the worker came today - she was a lot better prepared mentally . she had obviously done a little bit of research on calming activities etc.

We had a short list of 4 house rules that I went over with the twins 3 times during the morning before the worker came. I handed them to the worker in front of the twins so they knew that she knew about them. She  read them to the twins 3 times ( they were all safety things).  Thanks guys for this suggestion.

I had also made it clear to the worker that I would back her up 100% if she said no etc to the twins- so I think she felt empowered to be firmer. The twins feel safer if they know that the person is really in control and they don't muck up as much

The twins had a ball and the worker really enjoyed herself.

thank you so much for all your encouragement and suggestions that have helped this work better. Greatly appreciated 🙂 

What a fantastic update.