Menu

Biblioplan users - is this what I should buy?

ktgrok

I'll have a 4th grader with dyslexia and a 1st grader with attention issues. Looking at the Family Companion, maybe Remember the Days, Coloring Pages, Maps for Middles, and Cool Histories for Middles? Wondering if I should get the one for littles for the 1st grader, or not bother? (leaning toward not bother unless it is more interesting than I'm thinking?)

Oh, and I'll get the timeline, for the stickers. We have a big wall timeline we will add the stickers too. 

I wouldn't bother with the Cool history for Littles.  There is no Maps for Littles.  The Maps for Middles are for grades 2-8. 

Family Companion-Do you mean Family Guide(the massive schedule-you need this) or The Companion(the history textbook)?  I opt for that starting around grade 6-7. Otherwise, we use Story of the World.  The Cool History Classic coordinates with it.  I haven't used Remember the Days yet.  I will in the future. My kids love Story of the World now.

You can probably skip the Family discussion Guide.  It's just summary points to cover.  I would read the text(SOTW or parts of Companion-It's big and a bit hard to get through) to them and go through the questions without requiring a written answer.

Oops! The Family Guide (the schedule) was what I meant. And I guess then I need to decide if I want to use Story of the World or Remember the Days. I also like the Usborne History Encyclopedia, it's very visual, so we will use that a lot likely, given the dyslexia - she's my visual learner for sure. I may also use The Story of Civilization audio CDs, I think I already have the middle ages recordings and they are great for listening in the car. 

• Like 1

I have a Kindergartener and a 3rd grader. Last week we started Early Modern History. We use the Family Guide and Remember the Days. We also have Story to the World, the Usborne Internet Encyclopedia and the Kingfisher History Encyclopedia. I like the Story of the World and the Usborne History  Encyclopedia. So far I am not liking the Mystery of History or Remember the days. Those are my spine choices. Its too much to read them all with all of the  other books. Remember the Days, Mystery of History and Story of the World all have audio, I might use some of the audio instead of reading them all aloud myself. I didn't chose any of the supplements because I am afraid we just won't get to them. I hope my very limited experience has helped you in some way. I get the feeling you really need to be picky about what you choose or Biblioplan will be all consuming. We are still trying to find our groove.