Menu

This actually happened to me for the first time

Liz CA

One of those Pilot G pens was evidently stuck in the sealing ring of the front loader and emptied itself all over duvet covers and sheets. There are large, dark stains and then some splatter type stains. I was miffed because I always rotate the drum to see if something shakes loose and this sucker hid in the rubber ring and made no noise at all.

I googled how to remove ink stain, fiddled around for a while and wasted time to no avail. The covers and sheet were in fairly good shape before this little disaster and I threatened to put them back on the bed. Dh is flabbergasted I would consider it and is sure he will wake up with ink stained skin in the morning.  🤣😂

Would you use them again or dispatch the whole thing?

Edited by Liz CA

9 hours ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

If you tried and tried to get the ink stain off, and it wouldn't come off, what super power does your husband have that he thinks he can get the ink off just by sleeping under it?  

<snip>

<Snort> Indeed.

Stained does not = dirty.  We have some stains on some of our bedding. I wouldn't have a guest use it, I wouldn't wear stained clothing out and about, but sleeping on/under ink-stained bedding?  Sure, no big deal. 

• Like 4

I would use the sheets for now but probably not the duvet covers. Visible large ink stains would bug me.

However, old or ruined linens come in handy for so many things! We use them as tarps to protect the floor when doing messy work, as protection between stored framed art, as wraps for extra table leaves, as covers for unused space heaters, as padding for transporting furniture, and on and on. 

• Like 1

We slept on them and are none the worse for it.  😊 Dh pointed out that I have a set of duvet covers (but not sheets) still wrapped in original packaging in the closet. I bought 2 sets at IKEA last time. But I have this thing where I cannot discard something that is still usable only because it looks bad. I followed some instructions on google that had me soak everything in a bucket with rubbing alcohol and white vinegar which I did. The stains are much lighter but still visible.  When I paint the bathroom I will use the duvet covers as drop cloth and break into the new set.

I should have tried milk as Melissa suggested. I need to write this stuff down. Will likely not be the last time as dh has a love affair with ink pens...

• Like 1