Menu

Envy, yours?

DawnM

19 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Currently,  I'm envious of people who don't have terrible nausea during their pregnancies.  I haven't been able to do anything productive for the last 2.5 weeks because I've been constantly sick.

Oh, I envy you!! Well, not as much the nausea, true. But to be pregnant, yes, I'm full of envy 😛 

(eta: and obviously congratulations!!)

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Thank you for the congrats.  I will do my major celebrating once this nausea subsides, which is almost always by 12 weeks, which is in 2 weeks.

I think I missed this news!  Congratulations!  Hoping the sickness is gone soon!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Currently,  I'm envious of people who don't have terrible nausea during their pregnancies.  I haven't been able to do anything productive for the last 2.5 weeks because I've been constantly sick.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  I suffered from terrible nausea with all my pregnancies and a friend of mine who didn't said something very insensitive to me about morning sickness implying that it wasn't real. Hope you feel better soon.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Kids mental health is a huge deal for sure.... it sometimes I feel shallow for caring about my home. Living in a fixer upper for the last 7 years has really affected me. So I get it. 

10 years here and I totally totally get it.  It’s so hard to keep things clean and healthy when the house feels like it’s falling apart 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2019 at 1:51 AM, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I envy those Moms that can always speak calmly and softly to their kids no matter what the kids are doing. 

Sometimes it’s just because we are those people with no energy who need lots of sleep and aren’t getting it.  We sound calm because we are too exhausted to get frustrated and yelling takes too much energy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I envy people who can find doctors that work with them, even with complicated medical mysteries.

My family doctor wouldn't even test my vitamin D because "everyone needs to supplement in our state." No amount of telling her that a family member with low D over-responded to supplementation and needed monitoring to find a dose that worked without going too far helped. She's like this about EVERYTHING. It's my third try at a family doctor here. One might've had potential, but as soon as he couldn't find something obviously wrong with me, I was one of "those women." I could see it on his face.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

10 years here and I totally totally get it.  It’s so hard to keep things clean and healthy when the house feels like it’s falling apart 

Yes, I hear ya. After a certain point it's not so much an 'adventure' anymore, as a 'constant and grinding source of stress' 😄

Year *mumble* of building our home here... 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kassia said:

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  I suffered from terrible nausea with all my pregnancies and a friend of mine who didn't said something very insensitive to me about morning sickness implying that it wasn't real. Hope you feel better soon.  

Thank you.  I think I may have been inclined to force myself to puke on that friend if they were mine.  I'd then blame it on them being an insensitive twat and not my morning sickness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, kbutton said:

I envy people who can find doctors that work with them, even with complicated medical mysteries.

My family doctor wouldn't even test my vitamin D because "everyone needs to supplement in our state." No amount of telling her that a family member with low D over-responded to supplementation and needed monitoring to find a dose that worked without going too far helped. She's like this about EVERYTHING. It's my third try at a family doctor here. One might've had potential, but as soon as he couldn't find something obviously wrong with me, I was one of "those women." I could see it on his face.  

We have this issue, too.  At best, the doctors we've seen have been a waste of time and money.  But they have actually been dangerous as far as neglect and bad medical care.  And still we pay for this.  So frustrating.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Poor mamma. And you too. Whiney children are annoying, whether they're my own or someone elses! 

She was very calm, but she kept counting down, 5-4-3-2-1 over and over again.  It clearly wasn't working.  When she finally finished B-feading, she went down on the floor with the older child and attempted to read with her.  The young girl continued to whine and cross her arms and make lots of "humph!" noises.  The mom didn't flinch.  Honestly, the girl needed a mom to say, "Your have been given a warning and you will now have a consequence."  

If plan A doesn't work, you need to be firmer!   I almost went out to the car for a while.

Ok, rant over.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:21 PM, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I envy those Moms that can always speak calmly and softly to their kids no matter what the kids are doing. 

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also envious of people who can make/create anything out of nothing. 

I also am envious of people who can keep their house clean no matter what!

• Like 4

I’m envious of people who like to do home renovations—I’m talking simple things like painting a piece of furniture or the walls.  I just hate doing that stuff so much, but my house could use some gentle upgrades. 

I also envy charismatic people.  People who breeze into a room and brighten the whole place and everyone walks away smiling and happy.  What a gift that is.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, SereneHome said:

I also am envious of people who can keep their house clean no matter what!

I once asked (on here years ago) how people did this.  Many of the responses were that they 100% clean as they go all day long, that for some it was an obsession they wished they didn't have, and that ultimately, it took tons of TIME.  

Sigh.  I am not "blessed" with that obsession.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Kassia said:

My mother is the person who made it clear that she didn’t believe in morning sickness. If I just got up and got to work I’d be fine. She had 7 pregnancies with no nausea. Of my 6 sisters, only two experienced any sickness - one “almost” threw up at work and was miserable about it for days. One had some nausea but didn’t actually throw up. So I must have been faking! I threw up while brushing my teeth in the morning and all day long, for about 12-16 weeks. I lost 20+ pounds with each pregnancy, needed iv fluids, etc. But yeah, mom, just faking it so I could be lazy!  (My Mom is actually the best mom ever - very supportive and nonjudgmental and fun. But that really hurt!)

I’m so sorry you are not feeling good!  I hope there are people in your life helping you get through this. Big hugs to you!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I envy people who make friends easily. We move a lot, and it takes me so long to really make friends. It almost seems like the stars have to align just right for me to find a real friend. Of the many military assignments we have had, I can look back and see the few bright spots where friends magically appeared.

This has been the loneliest place for me by far. Luckily I had a job and made some great friends there, but those didn’t develop into outside of work friends, you know? 

I think having older teens makes it all the harder to find friends. I’ve been an involved parent for all sorts of activities, but those things have sort of gone away as the kids grew up. And in just a couple years we won’t have any kids at home! And we will move again, and...

We are moving next week and I am determined to do a better job being a friend at our next place! Hopefully!!  

• Like 3