Menu

SSID for Adult Disabled Child?/Never mind

bethben

Never mind--- It got cleared up.  She actually read the paperwork before talking to me this time around.

Does anyone get benefits for their adult disabled child?  We are under SSID review (they flag random people).  On a brief call that will be followed up later, they seemed to suggest that we shouldn't be receiving benefits.  In their files, my husband left the house (never did) and he's not working (always has).  This could really stink since we purchase equipment for him and do house modifications based on his benefits.  

Edited by bethben

Sounds like they're operating under some misconceptions. I hope once those are cleared up, they will affirm that your son's benefits are fully warranted. I have no experience with the system, but based on what you've indicated here, I'd be surprised if they think his benefits are inappropriate. 

• Like 1

My son is in the very/ obviously disabled category.  We had gobs of paperwork upon application and had a "random" review a year later where I had to provide more paperwork.  It's not like I've been purposely dishonest or trying to fly under the radar.  With the questions this person was asking initially, it made me think somehow the law changed and they failed to tell me.

Edited by bethben