Menu

multipotentiality and other things

I'm wondering if anyone would like to come and chat with me in the private group Parenting Accelerated Learners II?

I'm trying to remember who was active in this group 🤔

@dmmetler   @quark @Arcadia  @Runningmom80 @MamaSprout @purpleowl @SeaConquest @Jackie @Cake and Pi @4KookieKids @square_25 @Black-eyed Suzan

Edited by chocolate-chip chooky
  • Like 3

Yes, I don't know exactly what changed, but social groups used to be more obvious. Maybe new content showed up clearly down the side of the main screen back before the big changes? It's so easy to forget they are even there now, and you need to click into clubs to know if there's any activity in there.

Anyway, I'm hoping to revive the Parenting Accelerating Learners II group, so please come join in.

If you're not members, purpleowl is the person to contact for an invitation to join.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

I'd love to join this group if you'll have me, but I have no idea how to contact people here.  Can someone clue me in?   

I'm also curious.  Is there a Parenting Accelerated Learners I group?  If so, what's the difference?  

I will send you an invite in a moment (if I can do it from my phone - if not, it'll be when I get home).

There was an initial group that was just called Parenting Accelerated Learners, but with a board upgrade it was not working right, so we started the second one. 🙂

If anyone else would like an invite, just let me know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHLWTM said:

I'd love to join as well!

Any reason why there is a private group as opposed to this accelerated learner group? Is it for privacy?

Yes, it's for privacy. We are open to any active WTM members who want to join, but this way the posts are not Out There for everyone to see, and they're not indexed by Google. That allows a bit more freedom for discussing, in particular, issues related to the parenting of these kids. There may be things that we feel a desperate need to discuss with others in the same boat, but we don't want to make all the details completely public. So this provides a place for that.

I sent you an invite! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bristayl said:

I didn't ask to join when the group was originally created, out of impostor syndrome, haha, but would like to join now.

I totally get that - I would guess that a large percentage of us deal with impostor syndrome! Invite sent. 😁

2 hours ago, Bristayl said:

I didn't ask to join when the group was originally created, out of impostor syndrome, haha, but would like to join now.

I join these groups mostly to read and learn from others - i feel that I have very little to contribute (imposter syndrome here as well, because DS is more of the "all-rounder" and not the pointy-radically-accelerated type that it feels weird to speak up).

On 7/22/2019 at 10:21 PM, chocolate-chip chooky said:

I'm wondering if anyone would like to come and chat with me in the private group Parenting Accelerated Learners II?

I'm trying to remember who was active in this group 🤔

@dmmetler   @quark @Arcadia  @Runningmom80 @MamaSprout @purpleowl @SeaConquest @Jackie @Cake and Pi @4KookieKids @square_25 @Black-eyed Suzan

I am not very come here but always with you guys, so I would like to follow the flock 😉 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Melinda said:

Thanks for letting me join.  I have looked and looked and cannot figure out how to access the group, though.  Is there a link or listing of private groups somewhere?

If you're on a computer, you should see some tabs right under "The Well-Trained Mind Community" at the top left of the site. When you're on the regular forums, you'll be on the "Browse" tab, and "Forums" under that will be selected. If you click "Clubs" under "Browse," you'll see all the clubs, and then just look for the Parenting Accelerated Learners II group there.

If you're on a mobile device, you still want to go to Browse-->Clubs, but the way you get there is by tapping the three horizontal lines at the top right of the sight. You should see "Browse" as an option there, and then choose "Clubs" under that. 🙂

I will say that I don't see you as having joined the group, so if your invite didn't get through, let me know and I will send you another one! 

15 minutes ago, Sarah0000 said:

I'd like to join as well. Is this why this board has been a little inactive lately?

Invited you!

And no, I don't think so. The private group is not particularly active either. I think there's just a bit of a lull in posts right now. 🙂

When  I click on 'clubs' (top left of the screen), I can see many pages of clubs.

They are ordered by activity. So, the first one I see is the one with the most recent post. I just looked now and it is a politics club.

I can see all the clubs, but the ones I'm a member of have a big green tick and those are the ones I can actually click to enter.

@Acorn Is it possible that your Club Directory isn't on page 1?

At the moment, I can see our club at position 4 on page 1. 

Also, once you see the Club Directory, look over to the right-hand side of the screen. I can see a box with a list of clubs I'm a member of. That's another way to find your way in.

Edited by chocolate-chip chooky

13 minutes ago, Acorn said:

I’m having problems finding the club. I can scroll through many inactive clubs but can’t find this one.

@Acorn, you and Melinda were having the same issue, and I sent both of your invites at the same time because it allows you to enter multiple names at a time. I have now sent each of you an invite individually. Let me know if that helps and lets you access the group!

On 8/1/2019 at 2:07 PM, chocolate-chip chooky said:

Once you see the Club Directory, look over to the right-hand side of the screen. I can see a box with a list of clubs I'm a member of. That's another way to find your way in.

On my phone I can't see this box, but I found that if I tap on "FILTER" at the top right of my screen, I can filter by "My Clubs" and then it only shows the one I'm part of.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...