Menu

NYT article on procrastination and emotional regulation

We can use this to help our kids by helping them realizing the emotions they're dealing with. There are also initiation humps, screen addiction, other things, sure. But it's interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/25/smarter-living/why-you-procrastinate-it-has-nothing-to-do-with-self-control.html?keplerid=249792977&dclid=CNiiz9PcyOMCFY5RAQod220GYg

• Thanks 2

An essential element of mindfulness breathing is self-compassion.  For example, while practicing mindfulness breathing, it can be difficult and one can lose focus and shift attention to the weather or whatever.  While breathing, it’s important to not internally self-deprecate but rather acknowledge the mental shift occurred with neutral judgement and then return to focusing on the mindfulness breathing.

The article did not mention mindfulness breathing; however, the mindfulness breathing can absolutely help with self-compassion over time.

https://www.mindful.org/meditation/mindfulness-getting-started/

Edited by Heathermomster
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 6:01 PM, Storygirl said:

Oooh, good one!! Forget the kids -- I need to learn this stuff for myself! 🤩

Signed, Champion Procrastinator

Really why I opened this post. 🤣

I mean, yeah, sure I will help my kids too, but perhaps it will be easier if I can practice what I preach. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2019 at 3:01 PM, Storygirl said:

Oooh, good one!! Forget the kids -- I need to learn this stuff for myself! 🤩

Signed, Champion Procrastinator

Me too!  I Better get off WTM and go DO something!  😊. I’ll have enough time for WTM while waiting for Ds in his driving classes

• Haha 1