Menu

USPS what?

DawnM

Ok, since I have just recently moved, I had to do a change of address and pay a nominal $1.10 for the service (which had to have a billing address at one of my houses and have my name on it, which I assume is to prevent fraud.)

But in the process of that, I created a USPS account and put in my email.

Now I am getting daily scans of the envelopes of all mail coming to my house for the day.

Interesting.

Anyone else have this?  I had no idea this was a service.

• Like 1

I knew it was a service but I didn't sign up for it. I mainly get junk mail and I don't need junk email too. But if your stuff gets stolen regularly, it's nice to have proof of what should be coming.

Amazon has started posting pictures of their deliveries. I love this. Now I know what the package looked like and I can more easily find everything GW puts away or ask him about it if I can't find it. 

• Like 1

We've had it for a year or two. I find it to be only sort of accurate. A lot of the mail we receive doesn't show up on the emails. It also frequently shows mail that is for someone else - we're in the midwest and it will show mail that is going to someone in California, for example.

I love Informed Delivery! Not only does it show your mail pieces, it will also show any packages that are in the USPS pipeline. Porch pirates are an issue here, so I like having the extra notification of what's supposed to be in my mailbox each day. My only issue is that junk mail shows up, but the statements from our brokerage accounts can't be scanned. 

Lana

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EKS said:

Yes, I have it.  We live in an area where mail theft is an issue, so I signed up for it.

We signed up for it after seeing something on the news about how mail thieves can sign up for it using your address but their email so they get the notification of what they can steal from your mailbox each day.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/usps-informed-delivery-service-could-be-used-to-steal-your-mail/

It's nice that it's a free service.   Usually we have to pay a fee these days for any type of product/service designed to thwart thieves!

Yes, but if something gets screwed up, you have to act pretty fast. The one and only thing we've had go missing was a BIG Menard's rebate. I doubt it was the neighbors that stole it. I thought maybe we'd just misplaced it, which is why I waited to try to report it, and the link had timed out to do so. 

Sometimes the mail comes a day earlier or later than what the pictures show. 

We also have a totally incompetent mail person, so I like having this option. 

I had informed delivery for a short while, but the emailed pictures of my junk mail were pretty worthless, so I opted out.

I didn't know there was a charge now to change an address. I didn't pay anything when I changed my parents' address a few years ago. Maybe that was because I went to the small town post office and did it in person?

3 hours ago, kbutton said:

Yes, but if something gets screwed up, you have to act pretty fast. The one and only thing we've had go missing was a BIG Menard's rebate. I doubt it was the neighbors that stole it. I thought maybe we'd just misplaced it, which is why I waited to try to report it, and the link had timed out to do so. 

Sometimes the mail comes a day earlier or later than what the pictures show. 

We also have a totally incompetent mail person, so I like having this option. 

You have our mail person!  Yesterday, there was rain ( light rain with a little thunder) and he just didn’t feel like delivering.  

I LOVE that service.  I use it to see if my ex is sending any letters...if so, I have the neighbor grab them so I can see them before the kids.

It also helps to know what day certified mail, etc is coming so I can make sure someone is home, etc.

I had the option to sign up when I changed my address, but opted out for now.  (I get enough emails and I don't anticipate it being necessary for me.)  Also, I'm surprised that every single piece of mail passes through a scan that takes pictures and records it!