Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

PeterPan

If serrazimes (systemic enzymes) are helping, what else should I be taking?

Recommended Posts

So I got the serrazimes (proteolytic enzymes) based on Hive recommendation, and they're helping my back pain. MRI results said bulging disc + osteoarthritis with some stenosis (narrowing of the canal). Do you know *why* the serrazimes are working and if so should I be taking something else or taking the more frequently? I assume they're addressing the arthritis piece, but are they taking down inflammation or eating mysterious particles or what? I'm taking them in the morning, an hour before food. Should I add a nighttime dose to help with morning pain?

I took them 3 weeks when I started with this chiro, was improving but thought it was the chiro and his exercises, dropped them when I went to the lake over the holiday, and my pain returned in SPADES. So they're definitely helping, just not sure why or how to optimize or whether I ought to be doing a mix, sorta more is better thing. I'm taking 3 capsules every morning, NOW brand (what I found on amazon, just picked one), and it says 33mg=20,000 serratiopeptidase units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use proteolytic enzymes for inflammation.  I usually do about 30 days on, 30 days off.  For me, they stop helping after a while.  Other things I've found that helps back pain.....Green Lipped Mussels (supplement kind), Omega 3s, Vit D.  Turmeric helps me for a time, then stops helping so much.  I've tried tart cherry based on raving reviews from friends.  I'm not seeing  a huge response, but it tastes good in mineral water 🙂  Another friend raves about MSM/Glucosamine.  My provider just told me to by Penetrex.  It is a topical that seems to help.  I've had better response with it on joints.  She also recommended a topical CBD balm that has helped my hands a great deal.  I'm just not sure anything topical is really penetrating the hip area to get to the problem.  I have low back/periformis/sciatica.  Not saying I've got too much fluff.....but.....

Some things work for a while then stop.  I've found I need a layered approach so I always have something that works

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try taking a dose at night and seeing if it helps. Maybe 1 or 2 of the 3 capsules and then the remainder in the morning. Definitely on an empty stomach so stop eating early-ish in the evening, maybe by 3 or 5 pm which is very good for preventing evening/night inflammation in itself.

Nattokinase might help, too.

Have you tried fasting? That’s an excellent way to reduce inflammation AND produce new stem cells. Fasting forces your body to go into a state of autophagy, using or eliminating bits of proteins that are causing inflammation. When you begin eating again, new stem cells sprout throughout your body — for example, along your spine and in your gut — which can then be used throughout your body to repair tissue. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BeachGal said:

You could try taking a dose at night and seeing if it helps. Maybe 1 or 2 of the 3 capsules and then the remainder in the morning. Definitely on an empty stomach so stop eating early-ish in the evening, maybe by 3 or 5 pm which is very good for preventing evening/night inflammation in itself.

Nattokinase might help, too.

Have you tried fasting? That’s an excellent way to reduce inflammation AND produce new stem cells. Fasting forces your body to go into a state of autophagy, using or eliminating bits of proteins that are causing inflammation. When you begin eating again, new stem cells sprout throughout your body — for example, along your spine and in your gut — which can then be used throughout your body to repair tissue. 

For me fasting triggers or aggravates inflammation, so proceed with caution!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eliana said:

For me fasting triggers or aggravates inflammation, so proceed with caution!

 

Oh no! It’s not supposed to do that! LOL. But everyone is different. It took me about a year of 1-2 day fasts about twice a month before I could do longer. My blood glucose, which is normally good, would plummet going as low as upper 30s. That is too low for my peace of mind, although I weirdly felt fine. Now I can do longer ones and it doesn’t go so low. Thank goodness! So, yes, do proceed with caution! Jason Fung’s fasting groups helped me that initial year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BeachGal said:

You could try taking a dose at night and seeing if it helps. Maybe 1 or 2 of the 3 capsules and then the remainder in the morning. Definitely on an empty stomach so stop eating early-ish in the evening, maybe by 3 or 5 pm which is very good for preventing evening/night inflammation in itself.

Nattokinase might help, too.

Have you tried fasting? That’s an excellent way to reduce inflammation AND produce new stem cells. Fasting forces your body to go into a state of autophagy, using or eliminating bits of proteins that are causing inflammation. When you begin eating again, new stem cells sprout throughout your body — for example, along your spine and in your gut — which can then be used throughout your body to repair tissue. 

How long does the fast have to be to do that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

How long does the fast have to be to do that?

 

4-5 days. But! Even an 18- to 24-hour fast should cause some autophagy as well.

I’ll post some links but I’m leaving to eat tacos now. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeachGal said:

 

4-5 days. But! Even an 18- to 24-hour fast should cause some autophagy as well.

I’ll post some links but I’m leaving to eat tacos now. 😁

Thinking that’s more than I want to do, lol. Definitely not recreational.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...