Menu

Has anyone used James Madison program?

My boys will be sophomores and we're considering homeschooling again.  They homeschooled K-5 and have been in PS the last 4 years. I definitely want an accredited program just in case they want to go back to PS.  We live in one of the top districts in our state and it's a really great school.

I'm looking for an online program that I would have very little involvement.  A program that will do the grading and offer any assistance for questions they may have.  Options?

TIA!

• Like 1

I'll tell you what I tell everyone else - make sure their high school will accept the accreditation of the online school you're choosing.  They don't have to unless it is the same accrediting body.  My ds did TTUISD and slid into public high school his sophomore year with no problems because we had already made sure the school would accept the credits.  Kids in my area have not been so lucky.
Why not do Connections Academy or the like, a public school at home? 

• Like 1

OP if I assume, HomeAgain lives in Texas. TTUISD (Now TTU K12) is a VERY special situation, for people who live in Texas or comply with their laws. If you do not live in Texas and try to get a school in some other state to accept their Credits, it will be like if you moved from one state to another state when your kids are in High School, which is a BAD idea.

Would the really great school where you live accept credits from James Madison or some other school if your kids want to go the really great school?

You are really past the starting gate here. They are already Sophomores.  You can pull them out and Homeschool them, but if you then try to go from Home School to Public School, they are apt to be in trouble and not  graduating "on time".

Look before you leap!