Menu

Well this is a new one...

G5052

I teach online classes for a large community college and also take classes there.

I've been checking on the class I'm taking because the last day was Saturday. The poor professor was majorly distracted by his wife's pregnancy and then the birth of their second child. The baby has been in-and-out of the the hospital for weeks. He graded two assignments in the first week, and then nothing. I'm a little concerned about the final because it was hard for me. 

Today they had a major hitch that overwrote another class over some class shells. The class I'm taking was overwritten, so the gradebook now lists assignments from another class followed by the assignments from my class. Even if he started grading, I totals are going to be all messed up.

So I bet that grades are delayed. I bet, I bet.

You might need to file an appeal if your grade is not what you think it should be. My neice had a similar situation - long story, shortened - the appeal to the appeal was taken seriously and her grade along with others were changed. Not following a printed syllabus is a serious problem, but you already know that. 

Oh that's bizarre! I just went to work on the BB site for an online class I'm teaching in the fall and it was GONE! I'd already set it up. There was more to do, but the site just totally disappeared. I'm so annoyed. I know these things happen, but while you are in an active class? That is a nightmare! I hope it all works out ok!

They actually got it fixed, so that's good.

But my professor still hasn't graded anything other than first two assignments. Grades were due Tuesday. I know because I have a section that started at the same time and ended at the same time, and I had to get grades in then.

If I don't see anything by Tuesday, I'll call the campus where this was taught. I hate to get him into trouble, but this isn't right.

My DD had a couple of classes where she never received a couple of the final grades (essay, final (both M/C & essay) for one & essay & final for the other). The teacher just turned in a grade for the transcript. No way to know how you did from the online system. You had to go see the professor (one of who retired after that class). My dd didn't care since the final grade was acceptable, so she never asked. It is possible the essays weren't even read.

I decided to email the professor today, and he replied that he had been given a week's extension.

OK, now the wait. It was a hard class for me, so but I'm guessing somewhere between an "A" and a "B." It's hard because he's graded so little to know what his criteria is.

• Like 1