Menu

AOPS Algebra Tests?

Hi Everyone,

Two of my children are going through the AOPS Intro to Algebra book this year.   I am trying to figure out something to use for tests.   Does anyone have any ideas?  

I was thinking that I could use the end of chapter reviews as a test, however, I am having a very hard time estimating how long it would take to complete one of those reviews.   Do you think the reviews have too many problems?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I would not use the end of chapter reviews as tests - there is a lot more learning in the "reviews".  Also note, that students are not expected to be able to do all the challenging problems. There are some very difficult problems meant to challenge top students. I've had students that do every problem and others are challenged plenty enough without doing the starred and challenge problems. As I can do all the problems, I scan the harder ones and pick what I think will challenge my kids without too much frustration.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, regentrude said:

I have quite recently reposted the exams we wrote. Search the board.

I apologize for starting a redundant thread.   I have searched the board, and the latest thread that has your tests that is coming up in my search results is from 2013.   It was before the forum update, and your test downloads are not working.   They are downloading a .ipb file----and I am not sure what program opens that file.   

However, I assume that "quite recently" means you have reposted these tests?   If so, do you happen to remember what part of the forum the post was in?    (I've searched "AOPS tests"  and "Algebra Tests"...both with the forum search and google.)

5 minutes ago, TheAttachedMama said:

However, I assume that "quite recently" means you have reposted these tests?   If so, do you happen to remember what part of the forum the post was in?    (I've searched "AOPS tests"  and "Algebra Tests"...both with the forum search and google.)

It was on page 4 of this board. I bumped it for you. Here is a link, just in case.

No answer key is posted (as others have noted), so you'll have to work through them yourself unless someone posts some.

• Like 1