Menu

PSEO at Concordia University St Paul, MN anyone has experience with this? Ds16 is going there this fall

JadeOrchidSong

Hi, would like to connect with MN people whose kids have attended or will attend PESO at Concordia University St Paul. 

Ds16 is accepted and is still waiting for advising session to enroll in classes. Hopefully he can enroll in MacroEcon, precalculus, and college writing. He still needs to take math placement test in order to sign up for any math class. 

If you have experience with Concordia PSEO, would you mind sharing it with me? Thanks a lot! 

Hi - my kid just finished PSEO (not at Concordia) and we live local.  I know a couple current students and a few grads from Concordia Saint Paul who have had a great experience there.  I didn't even know they did PSEO so it was not on our radar and my kid needed a lot of schedule flexibility his PSEO years.  Anyway - giving you a bump.  Good luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Hi - my kid just finished PSEO (not at Concordia) and we live local.  I know a couple current students and a few grads from Concordia Saint Paul who have had a great experience there.  I didn't even know they did PSEO so it was not on our radar and my kid needed a lot of schedule flexibility his PSEO years.  Anyway - giving you a bump.  Good luck!

Thanks a lot! 

I am nervous about this. Hope to get some encouragement from those who've been through this process. Still waiting to enroll for classes and a lot of them are already full! 

2 minutes ago, JadeOrchidSong said:

Thanks a lot! 

I am nervous about this. Hope to get some encouragement from those who've been through this process. Still waiting to enroll for classes and a lot of them are already full! 

UGh - that's exactly why we did PSEO at a CC.  We could get any class we wanted online or in person with some schedule flexibility.  My kid did a lot of extracurriculars. We have a couple friends who got into PSEO at a 4 year and then dropped back to the CC after not getting any classes they needed.  My 2nd kid should be ready in another year.  We'll see what she wants to do.  I hope you have good luck!

6 hours ago, FuzzyCatz said:

UGh - that's exactly why we did PSEO at a CC.  We could get any class we wanted online or in person with some schedule flexibility.  My kid did a lot of extracurriculars. We have a couple friends who got into PSEO at a 4 year and then dropped back to the CC after not getting any classes they needed.  My 2nd kid should be ready in another year.  We'll see what she wants to do.  I hope you have good luck!

I highly recommend University of Northwestern St Paul. They have very early PESO notice of acceptance and as soon as you are accepted, you can start to enroll for classes. 

Unfornately ds16 did not want to go there because it is too far, in fact, just 8 miles from us. My friends' kids all signed up for PESO on campus classes as early as April! Amazing! There are great online classes offered as well.