Menu

can I download movies or TV shows to watch on chromebook when I am offline

kfeusse

We are visiting my in-laws and they do not have internet...so I was wondering if (and how) I can download some movies or TV shows to watch on a Chromebook while we are there.  Is there a way to do that?  If so, can you quickly tell me how to do that...we are leaving for our trip tomorrow.  

Thanks.

Amazon Video lets you download videos through their app either that you pay for or have access to via Prime. I believe Netflix does as well for at least some content, so I'd check those first.

We have an external hard drive that we store all our digital media on so it doesn't take up internal hard drive space. These are ones we have purchased or DVR'd ourselves though, not just the content you can download from Prime Video or Netflix. Do keep in mind that there are time limits on downloaded content from Prime Video or Netflix. You will have to re-download it, I think every few weeks, if you want to keep watching it offline.

We live rurally with lots of mountains that create dead zones when we are traveling. I typically download a few shows for ds to watch on my phone whenever we have to travel a lot but by the time we go on the next long trip, those downloads have expired and I need to do it again.