Menu

My ACT kids are freaking out, lol: what happens with a weather cancellation? New date or just next date?

katilac

Three kids in my ACT class were scheduled to take it tomorrow and they couldn't find info on what happens with a weather cancellation: do they take it on the next already scheduled date, or is there a makeup? 

They could use some extra time, so it's good in one way, but at least one of them is up against a deadline. 

• Like 1

Rescheduled Test Centers

Occasionally, a test center must cancel a test administration due to bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances. When this occurs, the test will be rescheduled for a future date. Visit Rescheduled Test Centers to find out if your test center has been rescheduled and for more information about procedures.

Rescheduled test centers link

I'd suggest the kid up against a deadline call the ACT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My kid had an ACT cancelled due to weather (snow). 

So he was scheduled to take it at a private school. He got an automatic e-mail when it was cancelled.  HOWEVER, it was rescheduled the following Saturday and he DID NOT get an e-mail about that. He only found out because I happened to notice it on their twitter page when I googled "school name ACT" I think.  I e-mailed their administration and asked why we were not notified and of course the person in their office was clueless and said the whole school was notified.  My kid is NOT a student of their school and I'm sure there was some protocol they were supposed to follow to notify but failed to do so.  Point being, be sure to follow up directly with the school after a cancellation just in case on Monday if you don't hear right away.

That date did not work for my kid anyway.  So he rescheduled to the next date.  So never register for your last possible test date!  Make sure you allow 1-2 test dates after just in case of illness, weather, fender bender, bad test day, etc.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

HOWEVER, it was rescheduled the following Saturday 

Oh, wow, I didn't think anyone would reschedule that quickly. I guess they just have to wait until Monday and see, maybe it will be that quick if the combined hurricane and Floodmaggedon aren't too bad. 

• Like 1