Menu

What's with the ads?

BakersDozen

AP exam...brag...delete if not allowed...

I hope this is OK - it is a brag. But there has been very little for me to brag on with my first 4 dc as far as academics go. My 16yod wanted to tackle an AP exam so she chose APUSH. She completed a very, very rigorous class at home then self-studied for a few weeks. At the same time she was studying 2-3 hours/day for Bible Quiz Nationals and finishing her other classes. So we were hoping for a 4 but prepared for a 3. Scores came out during the Quiz competition so she didn't allow herself to look, but today, the day after she placed 5th in the nation for Quiz, she found out she scored a 5. I am laughing and crying and staring at her score in disbelief. I have kids who have always been "close" (PSAT, SAT, ACT, etc.) but never were able to really knock something out of the ballpark. This is so huge for her...

Thanks for letting me share (finally!!).

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations! That's wonderful! Well done to your dd!

Congrats on both the Bible quiz & the AP score!

Here in the Hive, we share the lows & the highs. Always glad to hear a high, especially when it seems there haven't been (m)any.

• Like 2

Congrats! I know it can be hard surrounded by the many beyond-brilliant kids on these boards...  😉 So exciting for your dd! YAY!!!

• Like 2

Wonderful!!!  Congrats!  Thank you for sharing.  I like to hear other success stories.  They are so inspiring!

Thank you for sharing! Congratulations to you both!! 🙂