Menu

Science curriculum for 3rd and 5th grade

Middleton07

Hi!  I am on the hunt for a great science curriculum for both my 3rd and 5th grade students that we can do together (if possible).  I recently purchased Chemistry for the Logic Stage, but it looks way too hard for their ages.  Any recommendations?  We are starting our 3rd year of homeschooling, so I am still trying to figure it out a bit (especially with the logic stage thrown into it now).  Thank you so much!  Heather

My kids (currently 9yo and 12yo) have done well with read-aloud based science units.  I try to keep it all light and engaging, rather than rigorous and forced. We just a unit for Earth Science, and there is a free full book list here (plus field trip and project ideas):https://www.nourishedandnurturedlife.com/post/earth-science-unit-study

I also have a free list of books and simple projects for Astronomy here: https://www.nourishedandnurturedlife.com/post/astronomy-unit-study-resources

I hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My daughter will be in 3rd this year and we are doing Purposeful Design from ACSI. It covers multiple topics from ecosystems to matter and a bit of health. I haven’t used it before, but it looks promising! We used Apologia astronomy last year and got bored after a while. I also purchased some God’s Design series, which looked great, but we just couldn’t seem to make it fit. I plan to use YouTube and other online resources to add in an experiment or activity to go along with what we are learning.