Menu

Picture Keeper....anybody use this?

kfeusse

I came across this yesterday picture keeper and I was wondering if anybody here has used this and what their opinion was of it.  In theory it looks great...but I didn't know if that was the reality of it or not.

So you aren't wondering what it is supposed to do, I will explain here....it's supposed to take all of your digital pictures from all of your different devices, organize them by date and remove all of the duplicates and puts them all on one flash drive device. Then as you take more pictures, it will add those to your already stored and organized pictures.  Currently I have pictures on multiple flash drives, on my computer, on my phone, in Shutterfly etc...with duplicated everywhere...most are sort of organized by date, but it's still a big mess.  I would love it if something like this would work.

but if not, is there something like this that actually works better?  Thanks. 

• Like 1

I would love to remove duplicates!  I currently have so many and I tried for a while to delete but it was taking forever!

How much is the service?  I need something online in case my computer crashes or something.  I have 13,000 photos, although there are a lot of duplicates in there!  

13 hours ago, kfeusse said:

That's too bad about the duplicates, because it says it removes them. Will it at least put them together you I could remove them? 

I'm not seeing that. All I see regarding duplicates is: 

Skips duplicates. With each new computer backup, the Picture Keeper remembers where your last backup ended, and only downloads new photos, skipping duplicate photos to maximize storage space. 

I was curious enough to check questions and answers, because that would be a great feature. These are the answers related to duplicates from the actual seller:

Picture Keeper skips duplicates but never deletes them from your device. It does not automatically delete anything from your computer.  

Yes, there is an option where you can print a report of duplicates skipped so you can locate and delete them from your computer. 

The duplicate detection and skipping is pretty advanced. We use an algorithm to look at the binary data behind the photo (all the 1's and 0's) to see if it is truly a duplicate, regardless of file name. 

It will eliminate duplicates on each device individually. If you have multiple devices you use the same picture keeper for it won’t detect duplicates between the devices. 

Even if you have 2 of the same photo image, but they have different file names (jpg001, jpg002), we will skip 1 of them. Conversely, if you had 2 different photo images, but they both had the same filename (example jpg001, jpg001) we will treat those as unique pictures.  

So, definitely does not automatically delete duplicates, but does make it easier to delete them yourself (but has to be done on each device).